Private Tour to Canterbury, Dover Castle & Chilham
Enjoy unrivalled service with collection and drop-off from your hotel; no need to worry about finding a meeting point early in the morning. All our tours are run by some of the most experienced and highest rated guides in London with more than 10 years’ experience in the industry and degrees in history. Your overall tour experience will be greatly enhanced by your local guide.
Your tour is entirely bespoke and can be changed at any time; even on the day. We understand that every family has different passions and interests, so we cater our service to your personal needs. Our tour itineraries stand out from the crowd.
We won’t ever oversell a product and firmly believe in providing more value through allowing more time at the sights than the big bus tours. We are a small, bespoke company so we guarantee that you won’t be left with an inexperienced backup guide during the busy season. We provide the highest quality guides all year round.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Walking Tour of Canterbury
- Guided Walk around Dover Castle
What's excluded :
- Entry to Canterbury Cathedral
- Entry to Dover Castle
- Entry/Admission - Canterbury Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Dover Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canterbury Cathedral, 11 The Precincts, Canterbury CT1 2EH England
Step inside 1500 years of history to the sight of the very first cathedral in England. Here your guide will explain the story of how a dispute between a King and an Archbishop ended in chaos and the assassination of Thomas Becket in AD 1170.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dover Castle, Castle Hill, Dover CT16 1HU England
After a morning in Canterbury, we take a short drive through the majestic Kent Wealds to the South-East coast of Britain, where we stop for a visit to Dover Castle. This magnificent fortress boasts the largest keep in the country, and offers wonderful views of The English Channel from the White Cliffs. Aside from this, Dover has a magnificent exhibit on Operation Dynamo, where British and French Troops were rescued from the shores of Dunkirk in 1940. Here you can learn about the build up and preparation of this brave intervention.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: The White Cliffs of Dover, Upper Road Langdon Cliffs, Dover CT16 1HJ England
What could be more of a symbol of British identity than the White Cliffs of Dover?! Once romanticised through the words of Vera Lynn, The White Cliffs of Dover served as a message of hope and strength through some of the darkest hours of World War II. This is why we take you to the Battle of Britain Memorial, where you will not only be able to admire the cliffs but pay your respect to 'The Few' that fought to defend the country against the German Airforce.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chilham Village, The Square, Chilham England
We finish the day with a drive through a quaint country drive into The Kent Down AONB. Here we stop at the delightfully untouched village of Chilham, with a beautiful church and surrounding Tudor Framed houses.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
As we offer Hotel Pickup to over 650 hotels in Central London, we may change the departure time from 07:30am depending on the specific location of your hotel.Sometimes there are road closures beyond our control that will prevent us from accessing your hotel. In this unlikely sitution, we will ask you to walk or use local transport to meet your driver/guide at a pre-arranged destination. Please look outside your hotel for your guide 5 minutes before departure time. Sometimes your tour van will not be able to park directly outside your hotel, depending on the street that it is located. Please look out for your tour guide and use the contact number provided if you are having difficulty finding them.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.