Private Tour to Bungmati and Khokana Villages From Kathmandu
This 6-hour private tour from Kathmandu takes you to a journey back in time. Visit Bungmati and Khokana, villages that have retained its culture and traditions since the 6th century. Bungmati is believed to be the birth-place of deity Rato 'red' Machindranath. There's a large shikhar styled temple dedicated to him inside the village. After, see the lush green fields of the farming village of Khokana and learn about their unique harvesting process of mustard oil. There is also a spectacular three-storied temple in Khokana that is a sight to see.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- Private guide
- Mineral water during the tour
What's excluded :
- Monuments entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
Your guide will meet you at your hote's lobby then drive outside Kathmandu City to Bungmati Village. Explore around the medical farming village then move toward Khokana visiting the ancient temples. Later on drive back to Kathmandu and drop-off at your hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Bungamati, Nepal
Bungamati is the medical Newari community town closer to Patan City. It's a historic village of the Rato Machhendranath, the patron god of Patan.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Khokana, Nepal
Khokana is another medieval Newari town but smaller and quieter than Bungmati. Time as stood still here with age-old houses, streets, alleyways and temples.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your location at Kathmandu
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.