Private Tour to Avila and Salamanca from Madrid
Visit Salamanca and Avila on this private, 1-day tour by air-conditioned van. Enjoy 1-hour guided tours in each city as well as 1.5 hours of free time to explore on your own. Learn about the history and legends of both great cities.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional private guide
- Transportation in an air conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrances fees
- Entry/Admission - New Cathedral (Catedral Nueva)
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Avila
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Cathedral (Catedral Nueva), Plaza de Juan XXIII 4, 37008 Salamanca Spain
The New Cathedral is, together with the Old Cathedral, one of the two cathedrals of Salamanca. It was constructed between the 16th and 18th centuries in two styles: late Gothic and Baroque. It was declared a national monument by royal decree in 1887.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plaza Mayor, 37008 Salamanca Spain
The front of the plaza, showing the clock tower in the background and social gatherings in the front. Is a large plaza located in the center of Salamanca, used as a public square. It was built in the traditional Spanish baroque style and is a popular gathering area. Our guide will explain us here about the history on this square.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: The Walls of Avila, Calle Tomas Luis de Victoria 6, 05001 Avila Spain
The Walls of Ávila in central Spain, completed between the 11th and 14th centuries, are the city of Ávila's principal historic feature. These fortifications are the most complete in all of Spain. We will have the chance to admire them and take pictures of the landscape.
Stop At: Catedral de Avila, Plaza de la Catedral 8, 05001 Avila Spain
You will have the chance of visiting the interior of this temple on your own
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Basilica de San Vicente, Plaza de San Vicente, Avila Spain
The Basilica de los Santos Hermanos Mártires, Vicente, Sabina y Cristeta, best known as Basilica de San Vicente, is a church in Ávila, Spain. It is one of the best examples of Romanesque architecture in the country
Departure Point :Ventas, Madrid, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
If your Hotel is located inside the M30 we can organize a pick up at your Hotel. Please indicate at booking time if you prefer to go to the meeting point or be picked up and give us the address of the HotelPlease note that due to traffic restrictions in the city center is possible that the car can not stop directly at the door of the Hotel. In this case, the guide will pick you up and go with you to the vehicle.
Departure Time :1/28/2018 - 10/31/2020
11/1/2020 - 12/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 09:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 09:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please at the time of booking indicate when you would like to start the visit. We recommend to start early in the morning to be in the late afternoon back in Madrid.
- Please note that the streets in Ávila and Salamanca are narrow, steep and cobbled and are not easy to move through with a wheelchair or baby carriage
- Photos are allowed inside the cathedral without flash
- Please note that you need to cover your arms and legs to go inside the cathedral
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.