Private tour to artisan local Mezcal factories and customized degustation
Live the Mezcal experience in an authentic way. On this tour you will learn why mezcal is a great Oaxacan tradition, why there is a great variety of Mezcales and you could even find the ideal Mezcal for your palate.
The tradition of mezcal for the Oaxaquean is deeply rooted in their culture, since it is present in the various traditional celebrations such as the Day of the Dead, festivities of each town or even in healing rituals.
Apart from our visit to traditional and artisanal palenques of Mezcal distillation, we will close with a flourish with a personalized tasting in one of the most emblematic mezcalerías in the city of Oaxaca, where you can find more than 180 varieties of Mezcal. In the In-Situ mezcalería, the mezcalier can propose at least 3 varieties of mezcal (based on your tastes) so you can find your favorite Mezcal. Mezcal of magueyes such as Tepextate, Madrecuixe, Tobalá, Espadín are popular.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santiago Matatlan, Santiago Matatlan, Southern Mexico
- We will pick you up at your hotel.
- We will head directly to Matatlán, world capital of Mezcal,
- We will visit some palenques where Mezcal is distilled, we will learn about the peculiarities of each mezcal house.
We will visit two original places of artisan manufacture of Mezcal (original palenques that follow their ancestral process)
>>> Palenque of Eco Mezcal
>>> Palenque del Mezcal Amigo
Then we will visit two Traditional places (more modern palenques that are more adapted to tourism)
>>> Don Agave (we suggest taking our food in this place, food not included)
>>> Espina Dorada
- We will return to the city of Oaxaca
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Southern Mexico
We will return to Oaxaca City.
- We will conclude our day with a visit to the In-Situ Mezcalería (Bar)
In Situ is a traditional mezcalería in Oaxaca City, it has an impressive collection of more than 180 varieties of Artisan Mezcal
You will enjoy a customized tasting per person (3 types of mezcal according to your taste, suggested by the mezcalier).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This is a private tour, but, it is highly recommended to be ready at Hotel's lobby 5 minutes before the starting time (according to your selection in the booking section) With this, we will be able to fully enjoy this experience.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Disinfectant towels available in vehicle
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.