Private Tour - Thousands of Manekineko! Gotokuji Walking Tour!
Setagaya is a quiet residential area 3min by a tram from central Tokyo.
You may know that the Setagaya area is now getting a popular tourist destination on SNS as a photogenic spot.
Gotokuji has many dedicated Manekineko figurines which are rare in Japan. We will take you around the Gotokuji temple and other cultural venues related to its history.
Manekineko is a traditional figurine that is said to bring happiness so they may bring you luck. If you are lucky enough, you will see the real cats at the temple! Of course, not only the temple but also you can enjoy other historical places and local cuisines. Enjoy the atmosphere and walk through the shopping district loved by the locals.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Private Tour
- Necessary expenses for the tour guide
What's excluded :
- Travel expenses and entrance fees for your own
- Money for food/drinks, souvenirs and extra activities for your own
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- The use of private van
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shoin Shrine, 4-35-1 Wakabayashi, Setagaya 154-0023 Tokyo Prefecture
Shoin Shrine: A shrine dedicated to Shoin Yoshida who was an educator and philosopher in the 19th century. There are stone lanterns and a stage for playing music to the gods. Feel the holy atmosphere.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Shōin Shrine Avenue Shōei-kai Shopping Street Promotion Union, 4 Chome-27 Wakabayashi, Setagaya City, Tokyo 154-0023, Japan
Shoin Shrine Street shopping district: A shopping district with long-established shops and some with interesting items - full of shops you want to drop-in and visit.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Site of Setagaya Daikan's Residence, 1-chōme-29-18 Setagaya, Setagaya City, Tokyo 154-0017, Japan
Setagaya Daikanyashiki: A Japanese traditional mansion of a clan who ruled the area in the Edo era (1700~1900 AD).
You will feel as if you've gone back in time and are visiting a Japanese person's home because the place has been kept as an upper-class residence!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Setagaya Local History Museum, 1-29-18 Setagaya, Setagaya 154-0017 Tokyo Prefecture
Setagaya Local History Museum: Let's learn Setagaya's history at the museum located next to Setagaya Daikanyashiki. You can learn about literature and paintings from the Edo era, as well as the history of the 500 year old market.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Gotokuji Temple, 2-24-7 Gotokuji, Setagaya 154-0021 Tokyo Prefecture
Gotokuji temple: Do you know about manekineko (beckoning cat) which is a cat figurine thought to bring good luck and success in business? Gotokuji is the Zen sect temple with a history of 600 years and is said to be the originator of manekineko. In the temple, you will find many manekineko which are dedicated by people whose dreams came true. You may be able to get some luck!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Sangen-jaya Sta., 2 Chome-15 Taishido, Setagaya City, Tokyo 154-0004, Japan
Return Detail :Gotokuji Station, 1 Chome-43 Gotokuji, Setagaya City, Tokyo 154-0021, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please come in comfortable clothing, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The tour begins and ends in different locations. If you would like to change the location of where the tour ends, please consult with your tour guide.
- We have not included any particular lunch/dinner places in this tour, but you are welcome to stop for a break and eat whenever and wherever you like.
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc.)
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.