Private Tour: Taichung Theater, Houfeng Biking, and Oyster Harvest
Experience Taiwan like a local by visiting one of most popular landmarks in Taichung (the middle region of Taiwan) - 「National Taichung Theater」 known for its intricate architecture that was designed by the world-famous architect Toyo Ito. To witness one of the most difficult buildings to build in the world and feel the unique design and structure combining the feelings of human temperature with nature. Also experience Taichung by biking on the Houfeng Bike-way across a bridge, through a tunnel, and pass by an old railroad while enjoying beautiful views leisurely. Before sunset, take a ride on the cattle carriage that was former peasant through the inter-tidal to the places where oyster is aquaculture. Have fun trying to harvest some oysters by digging them out from the ground while enjoying snacks and beverages.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in central Taipei
- Private transport (vehicle type may vary, subject to availability)
- Bike rental (one bike per adult)
- Lunch (Chinese hot pot set)
- Cattle carriage ride experience
- Oyster harvesting experience
What's excluded :
- In the morning in Taipei, your English-speaking tour guide will pick you up and start today's special itinerary - 「Houfeng Bikeway」 arrange a basic bike for each of you, about 1.5 hours back and forth.「Houfeng bikeway」is built from the old mountain railway station. Landscape diversity along the way, Apart from the greenpastoral and tranquil countryside views,andalso have a magnificent flower beam Steel Bridge, across the Dajia broad river in the valley.「Nineth Tunnel」,was built in the 1908 year, all length 1.2 kilometers, It's the longest tunnel in the old mountain railway station, Lunch after the biking.
Transfer to “Taichung National Theater” after the lunch which was designed by famous architecture – Toyo Ito. Taichung National Theater also is one of the hardest buildings to build in the world as well.and start the visit tour in the 13:30pm, experience design Architect for the integration of nature and architecture, the interior of the opera house is amazing and meticulous, no matter where you are in the corner, you can feel the sound and light and air flow. visit time is 1 hours approx.
And then we will go to central Taiwan's unique style 「Manateelnn」, and first put on a special shoes ,after take a ride cattle carriage or ock cart to leave. carriage to the intertidal zone among the beach,first we will understanding the Oysters how to raise the oyster,and dig the clams in the dirt or the little crabs in the intertidal zone, and then tasting the snacks andthe freshest oysters on the site, Look at the sunset falling from the eyes, Experience the sunset scenery in western Taiwan and the local farmers ' customs.
At the end of the day, we will be taken to a hotel or a high-speed rail station in Taichung; Of course you can go back to the Taipei hotel and finish the end perfect day.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Taipei City
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 6 people per booking. If you have more than 6 travelers in your group, please make multiple bookings
- All participants need to provide passport name and number for travel insurance at checkout
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be contacted 2 days prior to the tour date and given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If due to the weather condition, biking, cattle carriage, and oyster harvesting is canceled, you will be refunded in accordance with the travel service provider provision
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.