Private Tour: Story of Communism in Bucharest
Learn more about dictator Nicolae Ceausescu, communism victims and 1989 Revolution. Visit the military base where the Ceausescu couple was executed, Revolution Square and Ceausescu's greatest creation - 'The House of the People'.
A fascinating tour about communism victims, about the Dictator Nicolae Ceausescu's life and impact on Romania's history. You will be tracing the communist dictator's steps, seeing places where the Ceausescu couple had stayed to the place where they escaped before being captured and executed on Christmas Eve in 1989.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Transportation by comfortable air-conditioned car / minibus
- English-speaking guide
- Assistance during the entire trip
What's excluded :
- Entrance & photo fees
- Itinerary: Bucharest - Targoviste Military Base - Bucharest: Parliament Palace - Revolution Square - Communist Era Neighborhoods
Military Base in Targoviste: Leave Bucharest and drive for 1.5 hours to reach Targoviste - a small town located in south-eastern Romania. The town became famous due the fact that here, the communist dictator Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife Elena, were executed in 1989. Former military barracks where the dictator and his wife, were shot after a very short trial, were turned into a unique museum and open for the public.
Return to Bucharest and take a tour inside the Palace of the Parliament: the second largest building in the world after the Pentagon. The Palace was designed and nearly completed by the Ceausescu regime as the seat of political and administrative power. Nicolae Ceausescu named it the House of the Republic, but many Romanians call it the People's House.
Revolution Square: where you will see the former communist offices of Ceausescu and the site where the 1989 Revolution started in Bucharest, the memorial plaque with all the names of the people that died fighting for freedom and monument in their memory.
Communist Neighborhoods: Get out of the town center and drive through the neighborhoods to see the communist era apartment buildings and get a glimpse of old socialist Bucharest.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up from all hotels & apartment rentals in Bucharest.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.