Private tour Salona and Klis from Split City
Come! Join us with our lovely tour guide and explore ancient ruins of one of the biggest towns in Roman empire, Salona. If that is not enough, we will go to the very top of hill where fortress Klis resides. With its beautiful view of Dalmatian islands and second biggest city in Croatia, Split. Near the end of your tour, you will have free time in Solin. There you can see river Jadro and its cute inhabitants, swans and little ducklings. If you are feeling little bit hungry from all of that walking, there are restaurants and pizzerias nearby.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Salona
- Entry/Admission - Klis Fortress
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ancient Salona, Put Salone, Solin 21210 Croatia
On the first stop of the tour you will visit the ancient Roman ruins of Salona with your tour guide. Salona was the capital of the Roman province of Dalmatia about 2000 years ago, as well as being one of the five biggest towns in the entire Roman Empire. Wander the large Roman amphitheater where early Christians were fed to lions – fit for a City of 60.000 in its peak.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Klis Fortress, 57 Megdan, Klis, Split 21231 Croatia
The tour continue to the village of Klis, which is home to an imposing medieval fortress, perched high on a hilltop above Split. This fortress became seat to many Croatian kings and served as a defense of Split against the Ottoman invasion during the early 16th century. More latterly, it has featured in the blockbuster television series “Game of Thrones”.
Enjoy spectacular views of Split and its surroundings and numerous islands.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Solin, Solin, Split-Dalmatia County, Dalmatia
You will have 1 hour of free time for sightseeing Solin city or lunch. In the center of Solin, surround by all sides with the Jadro River there is a beautiful church of St. Mary, Our Lady of the Islet. This religious ground was also visited by Pope John Paul II on 4 October 1998 when he held a ceremony for over fifty thousand young people who came from all over Croatia.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Ferry Port of Split, Obala kneza Domagoja, 21000, Split, Croatia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.