Private Tour: Sainte Chapelle, Conciergerie & Cluny, through the Latin Quarter
Discover striking Gothic architecture, mediaeval artifacts and centuries of history on this private morning or afternoon Paris walking tour. Visit the Sainte Chapelle and the Conciergerie on the Ile de la Cité before crossing the Seine in front of the now partly burnt facade of Notre Dame Cathedral, which will soon start its 10 year restoration; admire at length the joyful Latin Quarter, centre of student life around the Sorbonne a university started in the 13th Century, and sited in the medieval quarter of Paris among medieval houses, churches and institutions and where you will visit CLUNY, the Museum of the Moyen Age (Middle ages) which among the Medieval treasures has the 6 Tapestries of La Dame a la Licorne (The Lady of the UNICORN).
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Light breakfast or snack (croissant, coffee) after Notre Dame visit
- Entry/Admission - Sainte-Chapelle
- Entry/Admission - Conciergerie
- Entry/Admission - Musee De Cluny
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sainte-Chapelle, 8 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris France
This will be our meeting point at the corner of Boulevard du Palais and Rue de Lutèce. A Royal Chapel Built in 1238 in the Gothic Style. Finished in 7 years to house King Louis XI collection of passion relics, among which the Crown of Thorns, it remains a model of the Radiant Gothic.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Conciergerie, 2 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris, France
Now a Law Court, it was a Town Hall in medieval time, becoming the first royal Palace in Paris by the middle of the 13 C. Marie Antoinette spent her last nights there.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Latin Quarter, 75005 Paris France
This part of the tour will be where you will visit the Saint Severin Church, the Ruins of the Roman Baths and also where you will take a coffee break with your Art Historian Guide. The area was called Latin because of the language used by the medieval scholars like Abelard, it remains the Centre for the arts, scholarship and learning, paradise for the book lovers. It maintained its popularity in its streets and cafes’ were always used by writers French foreign from George Sand to James Joyce. After viewing the Latin Quarter, your guide will take you to get coffee or snacks at the Odette Cafe.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Eglise Saint-Severin, Rue des Pretres-St-Severin Quartier Latin, Paris France
Saint Severin Church is one of the oldest churches remaining in the Left Bank were a devout hermit lived and to whom the original church was dedicated. Super in its architecture and windows, a must see.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Musee De Cluny, 28 rue du Sommerard, 75005 Paris France
You will be taken to visit the Cluny Museum, the Exterior of this medieval Museum is a joy to the eye. A small palace dedicated to the medieval arts. It remains not very popular but a joy to those interested in medieval art. Where you will see the 6 famous tapestries of ‘la Dame a la Licorne' (or the Lady of the Unicorn).
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: La Sorbonne, Paris France
You will be taken to view the outside of the beautiful Sorbonne University, one of Europe’s oldest colleges, it opened in 1257 as part of the medieval university of Paris. Initially used by learned monks, teachers of theology and classical languages, remains closed to the public but a pleasant square with cafes to sit in.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :A.f.f.i.c, 1 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris, France
Return Detail :Pantheon, 75005 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear appropriate footwear
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.