Private Tour: Roam the Backstreets of Old Dubai with an Insider Incl. Transport
Dubai’s historic and humble beginnings tell a story like no other. We’ll start the day by marching the streets of old Dubai stopping by several enchanting sights and witnessing the city’s dynamic history woven by its people. My goal is to take you through a journey of tales and show you just how the small Arab village became a top destination throughout the sands of time.
We'll learn about the emirate’s incredible leadership, people, and local traditions. We’ll wander the souqs, meet the owners, and learn the secrets behind some of the world’s most expensive traded items. We'll hop on a traditional wooden abra boat (think Arabian gondola minus the singing) and cross over the magnificent Dubai Creek. Once we’ve explored the historic neighborhoods in Al Fahidi and their unique architecture, I guarantee our stomachs will be grumbling loud enough to guide us themselves to one of Dubai’s best eats where we can break bread, drink tea, and be merry.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch or dinner
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Women's Museum Bait al Banat
- Entry/Admission - Dubai Gold Souk
- Entry/Admission - Dubai Spice Souk
- Entry/Admission - Dubai Creek
- Entry/Admission - Textile Souk
- Entry/Admission - Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Women's Museum Bait al Banat, Al Sabkha 24 St Gold Souq, Deira, Dubai United Arab Emirates
Our first stop will be an incredibly enlightening visit to the Women’s Museum, a private museum which focuses on everything from the history of Emirati women’s political equality to education. The guide will share stories and memorabilia from generations of women who have shaped the nation and its culture to what it is today.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dubai Gold Souk, Old Baladiya St., Dubai United Arab Emirates
We'll walk through Dubai's oldest market, the Gold Souk, a place buzzing with eager shoppers there to explore its 300+ shops and covered walkways. We'll stop to learn about the world's obsession with this shiny yellow metal, especially during festive occasions.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Dubai Spice Souk, Sikkat Al Khail Road Al Ras, Dubai 75157 United Arab Emirates
Dubai's Spice Souk is an incredibly aromatic network of shops and eateries that sell everything from saffron to chocolate dipped dates. To navigate the bustling souk, the best way is to learn about the origins of the spices at first from your guide and shop-owners before you cruise your way around the market.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dubai Creek, Mashraf Building, Dubai United Arab Emirates
The wooden abra boats plying the busy Dubai Creek are one of Dubai's most iconic scenes to witness. Guests will enjoy an unforgettable experience on a private abra ride and capture the city from the water as we time-travel from its past to its present.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Textile Souk, Bur Dubai Near Bur Dubai Abra Station, Dubai 75157 United Arab Emirates
The Textile Souk is a labyrinth of traditional Arabian souvenir stores with plenty of fabrics, scarves, and I heart Dubai t-shirts. Here, your guide will introduce you to the national dress worn by both men and women, and demonstrate how each garment is worn.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Dubai Museum & Al Fahidi Fort, Al Fahidi area, Dubai United Arab Emirates
Guests will stop outside the now-closed Dubai Museum, originally built back in 1787 as the premises of the monarch. The fort was once upon a time Dubai's tallest structure, and served to protect its inhabitants from any potential threats. Guests will be able to capture snaps of the structure from outside and learn about its purpose.
Stop At: Al Fahidi, Al Fahidi, Dubai, Emirate of Dubai
Our last stop will be a fantastic meal at a traditional restaurant where we'll break bread together. The guide will pre-order several dishes so that guests can experience the various flavors and spices used to marinate, and answer all your curious questions.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, Dubai United Arab Emirates
We'll wander through one of Dubai's historic neighborhoods where its merchants once lived in now-restored homes. Your guide will explain the brilliance behind the architecture of these structures, particularly its windtowers, designed to keep inhabitants cool.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guests will be picked up from the lobby of their Dubai-based hotels or from the Port Rashid Cruise Terminal. For hotels, the guide will alert the concierge upon arrival and proceed to greet the guests and escort them to the vehicle. For Port Rashid, the guide will locate the guests from the arrivals hall of the terminal. Ports
- Cruise Terminal 2, Port Rashid - Dubai, Dubai - Port Rashid - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/3/2021 - 10/26/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that you wear light clothing and comfortable shoes
- It is recommended that you bring water and sunglasses
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking, as lunch is pre-ordered and is served on a sharing platter basis. Dishes include both chicken and mutton kebabs, and a vegetarian option on request.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.