Private Tour: Pushkar Day Trip from Jaipur
Experience India beyond the major tourist spots on this day trip from Jaipur to Pushkar, one of the oldest cities in India and one of the country’s five sacred pilgrimage sites for devout Hindus. With your private guide, you’ll gain a deeper insight of India's religious heritage with a visit to Brahma Temple, one of India’s most important temples. Enjoy a traditional Indian lunch and then see pilgrims taking a holy bath in sacred Pushkar Lake, considered the holiest lake in the country. This illuminating experience also gives you the chance to participate in the Hindu tradition of making offerings to Hindu gods.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Pushkar Lake
- Entry/Admission - Brahma Temple
What's excluded :
- After pickup from your hotel in the morning, your guide will take you on a 2-hour drive by private, air-conditioned vehicle to Pushkar, one of India’s oldest cities. Located on the shores of Pushkar Lake, the city is thought to have been created by Lord Brahma, a Hindu god known as the creator of the universe.
When you arrive, visit Brahma Temple, dating back to the 14th century. From the outside, notice the marble and stone construction and see its distinct shikhara (red pinnacle). Enter the temple with your guide and see the holy life-size image of Brahma, with four hands and four faces, each oriented in a different direction.
At midday, depending on your sightseeing schedule, your guide will take you to a local restaurant to enjoy an authentic Indian lunch.
Next, walk to nearby Pushkar Lake and learn how it’s considered the holiest lake in the country. Your guide will tell you how it serves as a bathing spot during Kartik Purnima, a Hindu holiday celebrating a full moon, where devotees come to cleanse themselves of their sins.
Here, you may see pilgrims taking a ceremonial bath prior to entering the Brahma Temple. On the banks of the lake, you may also witness a traditional puja ritual, a religious ritual performed by Hindus as an offering to various deities. If you wish, you may participate in this ritual with the help of your guide for a truly immersive experience.
After your private tour, you’ll return to your Jaipur hotel in the evening.
Departure Point :Departs from your Jaipur hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- While no dress code is strictly enforced, please be advised that short shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended in the temple
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.