Private Tour: Pompeii Rail Tour from Sorrento with Family Tour Option
Explore ancient Pompeii on this half-day private morning or afternoon tour by rail from Sorrento. With your very own guide, enjoy the scenic train ride to Pompeii, and witness its UNESCO-listed highlights as you learn how its people lived and died 2,000 years ago. See the market, baths, and casts of victims, and view the Forum, food shop and more. Got children with you? Choose the family tour, with a child specialist guide as well as a fun map, puzzles and games to fire their imaginations.
per adult from
What's included :
- Blue Badge private guide
- Skip-the-line tickets in Pompeii
- Train fares round trip
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
You are going to take the local train with your private guide. This is the way local people would reach the archeological area of Pompeii.
Skip-the-line tickets are included. Your knowledgeable guide will show the highlights of Pompeii: the Forum, the Bath-House, the shops and the streets, the fantastic private homes, and more! You are going to be introduced to the history of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius that buried Pompeii 2000 years ago. You will take great pictures of colorful wall-paintings and floor-mosaics. You will enter daily life in ancient Pompeii and discover how advanced Romans were!
If you have children from 6 to 11 years old, we recommend the additional family option. The Pompeii for kids tour will make it both an entertaining and learning experience for all the family. You will still visit all the highlights of Pompeii, but this option also includes activities, games, a kid-friendly map with stickers, and a specifically trained tour guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Vesuvius National Park, Via Palazzo del Principe, 80044 Ottaviano Italy
You are going to enjoy great views of the Mount Vesuvius both during the train ride and during the tour in Pompeii.
Departure Point :CIrcumvesuviana Stazione di Sorrento, Piazza Giovanni Battista de Curtis, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking shoes and sun gear is recommended
- The length of the tour is approximately 4 hours but it may vary according to the timetable of the public transports system. At any case we guarantee that the visit of the archaeological area will last 2 hours
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The walking tour is totally private. There will be no-one else but your party and our guide. On the train there will be other persons instead.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.