Private Tour: Peter and Paul Fortress in St Petersburg
Visit Peter and Paul Fortress in St Petersburg with a private guide and learn about its rich history on a 3-hour walking tour! The sprawling site is fascinating to explore, with old prison buildings and an ornate Baroque cathedral. Visit Trubetskoy Bastion, a prison-turned-museum and gaze in awe at the extravagant interior of Peter and Paul Cathedral where Tsar Peter the Great is buried.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private minivan
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance price to the fortress
- Food and drinks
- Arrange your private tour of the Peter and Paul Fortress to start at a time to suit your schedule, and relax with a hotel pickup by luxury minivan. As you travel, your private guide will talk to you about the city and also about the things that you want to see at the fortress. Once inside the attraction, your itinerary is flexible, so if there’s something you want to see more of, simply let your guide know.
Head inside and start exploring, learning about the impressive building’s history. The oldest structure in St Petersburg, the fortress was built in the 1700s to defend against an invasion by the Swedes. The attack never came, and the site went on to be used as a prison until as recently as 1917.
Visit Trubetskoy Bastion, one of the old prison blocks, and hear how it served as the main political prison of the Russian Empire as well as a torture chamber for the secret services. Whereas it once symbolized political repression, the building is now a museum that charts the history of its former inmates. Browse the exhibits with your guide as you walk around.
Continue to the Russian Orthodox Peter and Paul Cathedral, and marvel at its Baroque interior – a standout feature that sets it apart from the city’s other Orthodox cathedrals. Look up toward the bell tower and visit the tombs of emperors and eminent Russians like Tsar Peter the Great.
After exploring the fortress and its various sites, return to your minivan and travel back to your hotel where your tour ends.
Departure Point :Kronverkskaya Naberezhnaya, 1, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 197046
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.