Private Tour: Penang Georgetown Heritage Tour
A charming gem that bottles an East-meets-West culture like no other destination can. Penang’ strategic location once was the intersection of a thriving trade between continents and from which it developed its diversity of culture, culinary delights, and its ever-present trade trail in the form of shop houses, a well-balanced, cosmopolitan vibe, and where a local enthusiasm for art and expression is almost addictive. And in the heart of this is George Town; a treasure trove of pedalling rickshaw drivers navigating effortlessly the streets of this UNESCO-inscribed pearl and where former clan houses and temples are engulfed with a continuous stream of joss stick smoke. Dive deep with us in this kaleidoscope of cultures as we guide you through George Town through, along and across its well-preserved past. It is that little gem that is explored from all wind directions as we guide you through a piece of historical heritage
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide cum driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Entry/Admission - Pinang Peranakan Mansion
- Entry/Admission - Khoo Kongsi
What's excluded :
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Sun Yat Sen Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pinang Peranakan Mansion, 29 Church Street, George Town, Penang Island 10200 Malaysia
Once arriving within its city borders, we plan our first stop at the famous Pinang Peranakan Museum. Because of the importance of the Baba and Nyonyas communities that have crafted Malaysia in the earlier days, a tour through the mansion cannot be skipped. The Baba & Nyonyas was a prominent community of acculturated Chinese unique to this part of the world, which houses over 1,000 pieces of antiques and collectible items of the era on display.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Little India - Penang, Queen Street and Penang Street Malaysia
Next is Little India, one of the more vibrant areas of George Town. A colourful display of Hinduism and shop houses selling almost everything under the sun to capture the spirit of Indian culture passes the revue before we arrive at the Teochew Temple with its characteristic ornate roof tops and dragon sculptures along its pillars.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sun Yat Sen Museum, 120 Armeniam Street, George Town, Penang Island 10200 Malaysia
The history of Dr. Sun Yat-sen is one that still echoes across the island; a museum bearing his name is included as we further move through George Town.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Street Art in George Town, Street Art in, Penang Island 10300 Malaysia
Street art and the Penang capital are interwoven in the daily lives and the finest examples are spread across the city. The work by Lithuanian street artist Ernest Zacharevic has taken a central role in the cultural and artistic development and seeing his work throughout the city centre adds to the experience.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Khoo Kongsi, 18 Lebuh Cannon, George Town, Penang Island 10200 Malaysia
Via a well-chosen route along the Clan Houses of Penang, we end at one of the leading landmarks of George Town. Khoo Kongsi certainly tops the list in terms of beauty: an elaborate and quite ordinate example of Chinese clan dominance on the Malaysian island, where mythical animals almost dance from roof ridge to roof ridge.
Before making your way back to your accommodation, there will be a chance to find yourself shopping for souvenirs as a memento of this amazing journey through UNESCO – protected grounds.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from only hotels in George Town, Tanjung Bungah and Ferringhi Beach, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- A minimum number of guests are required on tours to have a separate guide and driver confirmed for privately-booked tour options.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- Kindly note that should there be any changes of Government Policy which will have direct effect on the current pricing, we shall reserve the rights to amend accordingly if it is deem necessary.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying on Penang Island. Transfers outside these areas (inclusive of George Town, Tanjung Bungah and Ferringhi Beach), including any accommodation on Penang mainland and from/to Penang International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Supplements apply during Malaysian Public Holidays
- The mentioned excursion durations are approximations; we are unable to exactly predict the total duration from pick-up to drop-off based on unforeseen circumstances such as traffic and weather conditions and the routing the driver has to take to get all customers on the vehicle.
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide cum driver.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- · For Island trip, mask & snorkel may not be provided, bringing own goggles is encouraged. · Face mask required for travellers during the cruise. · For Birdwatching Tour, travellers need to bring their own personal binoculars for hygiene purposes.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.