Private Tour: Palma de Mallorca Old Town
Get to know Palma de Mallorca’s history and sights on a comprehensive 3-hour walking tour with a private guide. Focusing on the area in and around Palma de Mallorca Old Town, the leisurely paced tour puts the spotlight on historical monuments such as Palma Cathedral, Almudaina Palace and the Arab Baths with commentary tailored to your interests. If you want to see some of Antoni Gaudi’s work in the city, upgrade to include admission to Palma Cathedral.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your private guide in central Palma de Mallorca, near the town hall square, and take a leisurely stroll to the so-called ‘monumental area’ where the bounty of the city’s sights can be seen. As you walk, feel free to ask your guide as many questions about the city and the island as you wish; one of the benefits of a private guide is that the commentary is tailored to your interests.
Stop for photos outside Palma Cathedral (La Seu), and hear how the Roman Catholic place of worship was built on the spot where an Arabian mosque one stood. If the site is of particular interest to you, upgrade to include admission and head inside to admire the circular, stained-glass windows and Gaudi-designed features. The colorful, and often controversial, Modernist artist left his mark on the site, and his attention-grabbing altarpiece is considered the cathedral’s highlight.
Pass Almudaina Palace, which was originally built as an Arabian fortress, and then head through the streets of Palma de Mallorca Old Town, a charming warren of twisting streets, churches and 16th-century courtyards filled with trees and fountains. Scout out hidden gems such as the Convent of Santa Clara and the Arab Baths, and hear interesting tidbits of their history from your guide.
Learn about the island’s Jewish heritage and the community that lives in Mallorca today as you explore the old 16th-century Jewish quarter, and then finally discover the Art Nouveau side of the city by taking a look at Palma de Mallorca’s intriguing Modernist architecture and developments.
After two hours exploring the city with your private guide, make your way to a central point in the Old Town where your tour ends.
Departure Point :Catedral, 07012 Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain
Return Detail :Royal Palace of La Almudaina, Carrer del Palau Reial, s/n, 07001 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.