Private Tour: Palaces Of Bangalore
On this half-day tour, experience the grandeur of regal Bangalore. Visit magnificent palaces and forts and learn about their history from your private guide. From the ramparts of Bangalore Fort to the elegant eloquence of the wooden palace of Tipu Sultan, a treasure trove of discoveries awaits you.
● Bangalore Fort
● Palace of Tipu Sultan
● Tudor-style Bangalore Palace
● Historical commentary from your guide
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- 02 Bottles of mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Tipu Sultan Fort and Palace - Bangalore KR Market
- Entry/Admission - Bangalore Palace
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tipu Sultan Fort and Palace - Bangalore KR Market, Allbert Victor Road Chamrajpet, Bengaluru 560018 India
You will be picked up from your hotel star your sightseeing.
Visit the palace of Tipu Sultan, a two-story teakwood palace completed in 1791 by the Sultan as a summer retreat. Adorned with pillars, arches and balconies, it resembles the Daria Daulat Palace in Srirangapatnam. On display in the palace museum are the clothing and crown of Tipu Sultan as well as silver vessels presented by a general to Hyder Ali.
Your last stop for the day is the Tudor style Bangalore Palace built by a Wodeyar king in 1887. The architecture of the palace was inspired by Windsor Palace in England. Take a look at the Gothic windows, battlements and turrets. Walk through picturesque gardens leading to the main entrance, and view exquisite floral motifs, cornices and relief paintings that decorate the elegant palace walls and ceilings. Then head to the Palace Gallery to see the historical photos and elegant carvings on display.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bangalore Palace, Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru 560052 India
Initially constructed in 1537 by Kempegowda, a vassal of the Vijayanagar Empire and the founder of Bangalore, the fort was rebuilt and expanded by Hyder Ali and his son Tipu Sultan, the King of Mysore, in the 18th century. Visit the fort with your guide and hear anecdotes about its historical role in the Sultan’s resistance to British rule. Admire the Islamic style of the intricately carved arches, and visit the well-preserved 16th-century Ganapathi Temple within its courtyard, where Hindu devotees pay homage to Lord Ganesha.
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in Bangalore.Airports
- Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru, KIAL Rd, Devanahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560300, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that dress codes are conservative in South India. Modest clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.