Private Tour of Versailles Palace
Uncover the secrets of France's royal court and the center of the French revolution while you tour the extravagant Palace of Versailles and its legendary gardens on our private guided tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Your own exclusive guide
- Guided escort from your meeting point to Versailles
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (€18 per adult / Free for children under the age of 18)
- Train tickets to and from Versailles (€7 round trip from Paris)
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Hall of Mirrors
- Entry/Admission - Le Grand Trianon
- Entry/Admission - Le Jardin de Versailles
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aeon Tours, 75004 Paris France
Your Versailles tour begins with your guide meeting your group at the meeting point of your choosing and taking you personally to Versailles. You'll take a quick, 20 minute RER train ride that leaves you right near the entrance of the Palace.
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
The Palace of Versailles is one of the most famous palaces in the world and attracting millions of visitors each year from all over the globe. Touring the Palace at Versailles is simply a must for any visitor to Paris. Initially built as the summer residence for French royalty, Versailles’ legendary grandeur and opulence is unsurpassed. It has since been home to everyone from Marie Antoinette and King Louis XIV to France’s Dauphin and Dauphine.
Stop At: The Hall of Mirrors, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Once there, you’ll visit the Palace and the King’s Suite, well known for it’s luxurious woodwork, paintings, and marble décor. You will see where Louis XIV conducted his royal escapades and where Marie Antoinette hosted her lavish parties.
Stop At: Le Grand Trianon, Porte Saint-Antoine, 78000, Versailles France
You'll visit the Petit and Grand Trianon, two buildings built for different King Louis' so that their mistresses could be within easy reach from the Palace. You'll explore the lives of the French royal family and get an extraordinary view into the lives of the monarchy before they were overthrown during the French Revolution in 1789. You'll get to study your reflection in the same celebrated Hall of Mirrors that Louis XVI did, while also visiting the room where the treaty that ended World War I was signed.
Stop At: Le Jardin de Versailles, Place D'armes A l'Ouest du Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
You'll explore the stunning and expansive gardens that are as striking as the palace itself on your tour. Created in the traditional royal style, Versailles’ gardens are filled with more than just lush fauna – they are also full of exquisite marble and gold statues and lustrous fountains. Breathtaking and ethereal, the legendary gardens of Versailles actually served as the inspiration for many of Claude Monet's greatest paintings.
After your tour, you're able to continue exploring the Palace on your own, or heading back to Paris with your guide. The guide can recommend local restaurants in Versailles to stay for dinner.
Departure Point :Paris, France
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Our guides are multi-lingual, so if you would prefer that your tour be conducted in a language other than English, simply let us know. Our guides speak English, French, and Portuguese
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We utilize the efficient metro system to get to Versailles, so we do not offer car service. If you'd like, we can certainly arrange for a taxi to bring your group to Versailles (not included in tour pricing).
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.