Private Tour of the Sillar Route
Today you will be picked up from your hotel to enjoy the Sillar Route and discover the impressive Añashuayco Quarries, located a few minutes from the city of Arequipa, where hundreds of men and youngsters extracted the white volcanic rock -called sillar- with which much of the city is built. You can enjoy watching the extraction of quarry stones, while beautiful natural landscape surrounds you. After the visit, you will be taken back to your hotel. The tour lasts three hours and can be done in the morning or afternoon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Touristic transportation.
What's excluded :
- Admission to Añashuayco Quarries and Sillar Route
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Canteras de sillar Añashuayco
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canteras de sillar Añashuayco, Cerro Colorado District 04017, Peru
Discover the impressive Añashuayco Quarries, located a few minutes from the city of Arequipa, where hundreds of men and youngsters extracted the white volcanic rock -called sillar- with which much of the city is built.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Arequipa Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If passengers stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your pick up.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.