Private Tour of the Hittite Sites
Journey to Yazilikaya and see an impressive open air rock sanctuary created by the Hittites, the second oldest known civilization in Anatolia. At Hattusas, the ancient Hittite capital which dates from 3,000 BC, you'll visit Lion's Gate, King's Gate, Citadel and the Grand Temple.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Yazilikaya
- Entry/Admission - Hattusha
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yazilikaya, Bogazkale Turkey
Departing Ankara in the early morning, drive for approximately 3 hours (208 kilometers) through the stunning landscape of Turkey enroute to Hattusas which was the capital of the Hittites.
Before visiting the main capitol, journey to Yazilikaya. Meaning "inscribed rock" in the Turkish language, Yazilikaya is an open air, natural rock shrine containing impressive reliefs of all the Hittite gods and goddesses. As the morning sun light shines on the bas-reliefs direct in the morning, you will be fascinated by this open air sanctuary.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hattusha, Bogazkale Beldesi Sungurlu Merkez, Sungurlu, Bogazkale Turkey
Enjoy lunch in a small restaurant in a town nearby. After lunch visit the capital of Hattusas famous for the cuneiform tablets, and the capital city of Hittites.
While here you will visit Lion's Gate, Tunnel, King's Gate, Citadel and Grand Temple. After a day of impressive sightseeing, join your transfer back to Ankara.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.