Private Tour of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg
Admire the outstanding masterpieces of the array of art in the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg during a 3-hour private. On the tour your guide will show you fabulous interior, pointing out items of interest and sharing historical and artistic facts about the collection of the museum. Experience the Hermitage, one of the world’s greatest art museums, with an extraordinary collection of masterworks.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional private guide service
- Hotel pick-up
- Transfer to the museum by taxi (if hotel is located 2 km and more away from the museum)
- Escort to the museum by company representative
- Entry/Admission - Winter Palace of Peter I
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off (available at extra fee)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace Square, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
Start your tour with a local guide picking you up from your centrally located hotel. Drive by taxi or walk to the museum. One of the world’s riches repositories of art, the Hermitage showcases Catherine the Great’s massive collection, once only accessible to her and her courtiers. You’ll tour its four main buildings—the Winter Palace, the Small Hermitage, the Old Hermitage and the New Hermitage.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Winter Palace of Peter I, Dvortsovaya Emb., 32 metro Gostiny Dvor, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
Housed within the opulent Winter Palace of tsars and tsarinas, it is an absolute must-see for art lovers and those simply interested in an overview of Russian history through the arts. In the Winter Palace, accompany a guide to the elegant Throne Room where tsars received visitors; the Pavilion Hall with its gilded columns; and the Gallery of 1812, where 332 portraits of Russian generals hang. View the vast collection of paintings by European Masters at the Hermitage, one of the world’s finest art museums.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Emb., 30-38, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
As you begin this guided tour of the museum's general collections in the palace, you'll discover the Jordan Staircase, a dazzling display of golden stuccowork and glimmering marble statues. There'll be time to linger in the elegant Throne Room where tsars gave audience; the vast Pavilion Hall with its gilded columns and glittering chandeliers; and the Gallery of 1812. Enjoy a leisurely exploratory tour, as you see priceless paintings from the 13th through 18th centuries by some of the greatest Italian, Spanish, French and Dutch painters.
After the tour is over feel free to stay in the museum to explore it on your own.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center (Palace Square) or 6km/miles away from it. The guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartment is located. The guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not available for cruise ship passengers
- You may stay inside the museum after this tour is over. You can't leave the museum and come back using the same tickets.
- Please note the visit to the Hermitage does not include the collection of impressionists and post-impressionists which moved to the new General Staff building.
- This is a private tour and will be catered only to your group.
- Transfer to the museum which will be done by taxi is included and can be organized only if your hotel is located in the city center of St Petersburg (2-5 km away from the museum). For the guests who are not staying in a hotel or staying in a hotel which is more than 5 km from the city center, the meeting place must be negotiated with a Supplier.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour includes a wait in line before visiting the palace (museum) and an itinerary on foot
- 2 starting times available: 10:30am, 2pm
- The exact entrance times can vary. Pre-booked time periods to enter the museums are assigned only by the management of the museums and is a subject to changes. It is possible that there will be a line of people entering the museums at the same time.
- If you want to take this tour at your preferable time, please leave a note upon making booking or call to confirm your preferred time at least 2 days before the tour
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.