Private Tour of State Russian Museum in St Petersburg
The Russian State Museum is the largest national museum in the world. It houses almost 400,000 works of art and covers the periods of ancient icons all the way up to the avant-garde. Visit the biggest museum of Russian art in Russia with a private guide! The oldest painting of its collection dates back to the 11th century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional private guide service
- Transfer to the museum by car (taxi)
- Hotel pick-up
- Entrance tickets to the museums
- Entry/Admission - State Russian Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
Stop for photos at the Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: State Russian Museum, Inzhenernaya St., 4 Metro: Gostiny Dvor, Nevskiy Prospekt, St. Petersburg 191011 Russia
The tour starts off with you being greeted in your hotel lobby. Enjoy the city's scenery while being driven to the Russian Museum. A private guide will accompany you throughout the duration of the tour. You will also be provided with free compliments such as city maps, chocolate snack, rain coats (in case of rain) and farewell gifts.
Marvel at the largest collection of Russian art in the world—approximately 400,000 pieces—on this art lover’s tour. This vast repository is housed in the Mikhailovsky Palace, once the residence of Grand Duke Mikhail Pavlovich. Though its galleries include sculpture, drawings and objets d’art, the Russian Museum is most widely known for its masterful paintings of Russian icons, portraits and landscapes. Even your arrival here is impressive as you pass a pair of Medici lions guarding this colonnaded neoclassical building at the heart of Nevsky Prospekt. During your guided tour, you’ll admire Russian icons from the 12th through 17th centuries, including Angel with Golden Hair, Virgin of Tenderness and St. Nicholas, the Wonder Worker. You’ll also see magnificent Russian portraiture; paintings from the renowned Academy of Fine Arts, notably Karl Briullov’s The Last Day of Pompeii; and Ilya Repin’s poignant scene Barge Haulers on the Volga.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/RAILWAY STATION/AIRPORT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center (Palace Square) or 6km/miles away from it. The guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartment is located. The guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is not available for cruise ship passengers.
- Several stops for seating are planned on this tour.
- The exact entrance times can vary. Pre-booked time periods to enter the museums are assigned only by the management of the museums and is a subject to changes.
- If you want to take this tour at your preferable time, please leave a note upon making booking or call to confirm your preferred time at least 2 days before the tour
- After experiencing the sights, your tour will conclude near or inside Russia Museum when your guide departs. Transportation back to your hotel is not included.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.