Private Tour of St Isaac Cathedral and Yusupov Palace in St Petersburg
On this tour you will visit the highest and largest one-dome construction in St. Petersburg and Russia, St. Isaac's Cathedral. You will climb the 43 meter high Colonnade and enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view over St. Petersburg. Built in 1848, this Cathedral is one of the iconic monuments of the city, and its golden dome dominates the skyline of St. Petersburg. Later continue your tour in Yusupov Palace, the former residence of Russian nobles, the Yusupovs. Admire the palace's variety of architectural styles and its surroundings of the Moika River, and learn of the famous demise of Rasputin on its grounds.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional private guide service
- Transportaion to the museum by taxi (one way)
- Hotel pick-up
- Entrance tickets to the museums
- Entry/Admission - The State Museum St. Isaac’s Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Yusupov Palace on Moika River
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Transportation (car) during the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Saint Isaac's Square, Isaakiyevskaya Sq., St. Petersburg Russia
This tour will begin in the lobby of your hotel, from where your private guide will take you to St Isaac Cathedral by taxi. Your private guide will be accompanying you throughout the duration of this tour. Enjoy complimentary city maps, bottles of water, rain coats (in case of any rain) and farewell gifts.
This tour presents the itemized history of development of 2 of the most wonderful & well-known sights in St. Petersburg.
Stop At: The State Museum St. Isaac’s Cathedral, St Isaac_s Square, 4 Nevskiy Prospekt metro station, St. Petersburg 190000 Russia
Visit the famous St. Isaac's Cathedral, one of the finest architectural monuments of the XIX century and an integral part of St. Petersburg’s magnificent skyline, the former principal cathedral of the Russian capital has a capacity to accommodate 10,000 people. The cathedral is graced with 112 solid granite columns weighing up to 114 tons each and about 400 reliefs and bronze sculptures. The observation platform on the colonnade provides a magnificent view of the city. Long before this lavishly decorated building was opened to the public in 1848, St. Isaacs' already had a most unusual history. Explore the cathedral with your own personal, informative guide and enjoy your unforgettable visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yusupov Palace on Moika River, Emb. Reki Moiki, 94 Entrance for individual visitors and small groups from Dekabristov Street, 21, St. Petersburg 190000 Russia
A short time later, you will keep on investigating the city with your guide taking you to visit Yusupov Palace. The palace was built in 1770, became the residence of the Yusupov family in 1820, and remained the richest aristocratic house of Russia until the October Revolution of 1917.
The Yusupov Palace is also famous for being host to one of the most dramatic episodes in history of Russia: the assassination of Grigory Rasputin, the scandalous favorite of Empress Alexandra, wife of Nicolas II. Rasputin was murdered in one of the cell rooms in December 1916, and his death is almost more mysterious than his life had been. Now the cellar of the Yusupov Palace hosts an exhibition dedicated to Rasputin featuring documents and wax figures, and making one feel the effect of events on Russian history.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/RAILWAY STATION/AIRPORT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center (Palace Square) or 6km/miles away from it. The guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartment is located. The guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.Airports
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: this tour is not suitable for cruise passengers as it does not offer port pickup and drop-off or the required blanket visas
- If you want to start this tour at a preferable time, please mention this info when making your reservation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- This is a sample itinerary in description. The order of museums and activities may change depending on your tour route or hotel location.
- The tour includes a short wait before going inside the Yusupov Palace
- This is a walking tour meaning that it will be necessary to walk and stand all the time during this tour. No stops for seating are planned on this tour.
- The exact entrance times can vary. Pre-booked time periods to enter the museums are assigned only by the management of the museums and is a subject to changes.
- After experiencing the sights, your tour will conclude near St. Isaac’s Cathedral or Yusupov Palace when your guide departs. Transportation back to your hotel is not included.
- Please note: Visit to Rasputin death scene display may be organized upon availability (not guaranteed). because it should be confirmed by museum administration.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- 2 starting times available: 10:30, 2pm
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.