Private tour of Sainte-Mère-Église from Caen by minivan (3/6 passengers)
Travel with your own group of passengers (3 minimum / 6 maximum) aboard a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan in a friendly atmosphere.
Your guide "Régis" will tell you about the significant events of the operation "Overlord" and the landing in Normandy on June 6, 1944. You will discover the areas of parachuting of American soldiers and the landing of gliders between Sainte Mère Eglise and Carentan le June 06, 1944.
At the Airborne Museum, you will board a real C-47 plane in England, and feel what the paratroopers experienced when crossing the English Channel before landing at Sainte Mère Église
Extend the experience by watching 2 3D films on a giant 15m screen on the Battle of Normandy between June 6 and the end of August 1944
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Admission tickets to the Airborne Museum of Sainte Mere Eglise
- Admission tickets to the 3D cinema at the "D-Day Experience" of Saint Côme du Mont
- Driver / guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Airborne Museum
- Entry/Admission - D-Day Experience (Dead Man's Corner museum)
What's excluded :
- Hotels Pick-up and Drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Fiere Bridge and Iron Mike Monument, 13 Moulin a la Fiere, 50480 Sainte-Mere-Eglise France
This memorial is dedicated to the memory of the soldiers of the American airborne troops.
One of the essential missions of the US 82nd Airborne Division was to take the bridges that spanned the Merderet River, west of Sainte-Mère-Église.
Many soldiers were killed in these places during the parachuting or during the fighting which followed for the control of the bridge and the causeway which gives access to the opposite bank.
The Parachute Memorial
Within the grounds of the park is the statue of the American soldier Iron Mike, a replica of that located at Fort Bragg (military training base) in the state of North Carolina in the United States and an orientation table retracing facts.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sainte Mere Eglise, Rua General Koenig, Sainte-Mere-Eglise France
The scene of one of the greatest exploits in military history, Sainte-Mère-Eglise saw paratroopers "rain" over the town and its surroundings during the night of June 5-6, 1944.
A mannequin is hung on the church of Sainte-Mère-Église in homage to John Steele.
The stained glass windows inside the church evoke the jumps of the paratroopers on D-Day in Normandy.
A free time of 1h30 will give you time to eat (meals not included) and to go shopping in the many souvenir shops.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Airborne Museum, 14 rue Eisenhower, 50480 Sainte-Mere-Eglise France
In the heart of Sainte-Mère-Eglise, opposite the bell tower on which the parachutist John Steele hung, the Airborne Museum will make you live and understand the events of D-Day from the preparation in England to the conquest of freedom .
Embark aboard a glider and a C-47 plane with sound and light effects for total immersion. You will also accompany the soldiers of the 82nd and 101st Airborne Division in the decisive battles of the Normandy landings thanks to the hyperrealistic decorations.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: D-Day Experience (Dead Man's Corner museum), 2 Village de l Amont, 50500 Saint-Come-du-Mont, Carentan-les-Marais France
Enter a new dimension at D-Day Experience: from June 1, 2019, discover the brand new cinema equipped with 3D technology. Thanks to state-of-the-art technological innovations, immerse yourself in the shoes of Allied soldiers in the early morning hours of June 6, 1944. With a giant screen measuring 15 by 8 meters, speakers with spatialized sound, our cinema room allows you to live a unique experience.
2 films in 1:
On the program of your 36-minute cinema session, discover a brand new documentary which brings together Pascal Vuong's film D-Day Normandy 1944 in a remastered version as well as a new short film on the Battle of Carentan. Relive the days that changed the world forever. The Normandy landings come to life before your eyes!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Carentan-les-Marais, Carentan-les-Marais, Manche, Basse-Normandie, Normandy
A memorial pays homage to Lieutenant-Colonel Cole (US 101st Airborne Division (502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment), who led his men in a heroic charge (bayonet) through a largely open space under fire from German paratroopers, entrenched in the first houses on the northwestern edge of Carentan.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Mémorial de Caen, Esplanade Général Eisenhower, 14050 Caen, France
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum number of travelers for this tour is 2 people.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.