Private Tour of Russian Museum & Church on the Spilled Blood
Marvel at the largest collection of Russian art in the world—approximately 400,000 pieces—on this art lover’s tour. A visit to this museum will be a special treat for Kandinsky, Malevich and Shagal lovers. Also explore interiors of the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. It is a masterpiece of classic Russian architecture, topped with onion-domes and adorned with stunningly ornate mosaics.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional & licensed private guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Transfer to the first museum (one way)
- Entry/Admission - State Russian Museum
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: State Russian Museum, Inzhenernaya St., 4 Metro: Gostiny Dvor, Nevskiy Prospekt, St. Petersburg 191011 Russia
This vast repository is housed in the Mikhailovsky Palace, once the residence of Grand Duke Mikhail Pavlovich. Though its galleries include sculpture, drawings and objets d’art, the Russian Museum is most widely known for its masterful paintings of Russian icons, portraits and landscapes. Even your arrival here is impressive as you pass a pair of Medici lions guarding this colonnaded neoclassical building at the heart of Nevsky Prospekt. During your guided tour, you’ll admire Russian icons from the 12th through 17th centuries. You’ll also see magnificent Russian portraiture; paintings from the renowned Academy of Fine Arts.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
Later walk a bit to visit the Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood, the gem of St. Petersburg, admire the colorful decor and towering onion domes. Inside, too, you’ll find an ornate sanctuary adorned with richly hued mosaics. Belying its cheery facade, this magnificent church was built on the site where Tsar Alexander II was assassinated. The tour is over near this church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/RAILWAY STATION/AIRPORT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center (Palace Square) or 6km/miles away from it. The guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartment is located. The guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.Airports
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a sample itinerary. The order of museum visits may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museum's days-off, traffic situation in the city. Russian Museum also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice. Supplier will rearrange the itinerary accordingly so that all venues can be visited.
- Although tickets are pre-booked with skip-the-line entrance there may still be a slight delay (10-15 minutes) in entering the museums during busy periods (May-August). It is possible that there will be a line of people entering the museums at the same time.
- This is a walking tour meaning that it will be necessary to walk and stand all the time during this tour. Stops for seating are planned.
- No lunch break is planned
- This tour is not recommended for wheelchair passengers, and if a person with a wheelchair decides to participate he/she must have a personal helper to assist.
- If you want to take this tour at your preferable time, please leave a note upon making booking or call to confirm your preferred time at least 3 days before the tour
- After experiencing the sights, your tour will conclude near/inside the Russian museum or Church on the Spilled Blood when your guide departs. Transportation back to your hotel is not included.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.