Private Tour of Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath
This 4-hour private sightseeing tour of the World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu will give you an opportunity to witness the ancient art, culture and traditions of different time periods in Nepal. On this tour, you will learn about the different dynasties who ruled in Kathmandu. In addition, you will get to go to the sacred Hindu Temple Pashupatinath, and the Buddhist site Boudhanath Stupa.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation by deluxe private vehicle
- Expert tour guide
- Monument fees
- Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
- Entry/Admission - Boudhanath Stupa
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pashupatinath Temple, 44621 Pashupati Nath Road, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Your expert English-speaking tour guide will meet you at your hotel at 10:30am or 1:30 pm to take you for your 4-hour sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Valley that includes Boudhanath and Pashupatinath.
First stop is Pashupatinath. The sacred Hindu shrine Pashupatinath is located on the bank of the Bagmati river to the eastern side of Kathmandu. Believed to be built by Supuspa Deva, a Licchivi King, Pashupatinath was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979. The main temple of Pashupatinath was built using Pagoda style architecture with four main doors. The two levels of the roof are made of copper with a gold coating and they have a gold pinnacle. The inner sanctorum is the place where the main idol is placed, and the outer sanctorum is an open corridor like space. Though some of the buildings in the Pashupati area are damaged, the main building was untouched by the earthquake of April 25th, 2015 earthquake.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Boudhanath Stupa, Boudh, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Then, head over to Boudhanath Stupa. Boudhanath is located on the northeastern outskirts of Kathmandu, is the largest stupa in the world and is a sacred site for Buddhist pilgrimages. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979, Boudhanath is on the ancient trade route between Nepal and Tibet. The Stupa is said to entomb the remains of Kassapa Buddha. Founded by Licchivi King, Boudhanath has had minor damage caused by the earthquake on the 25th of April, 2015.
After that, your Kathmandu sightseeing tour ends and you will be transferred back to your hotel at 2:30 pm or 5:30 pm
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We are happy to pickup with in Kathmandu city and Airport
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- We offer two different start time for this trip. Please let us know which time i.e 10:30 am or 01:30 pm is appropriate for you.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- We offer pickup and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city. Please provide us the name of Hotel.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.