Private Tour of Historical Ankara City
This is a great tour to learn about the Byzantine and Roman history in Ankara as you visit the main historical sights that the fantastic city of Ankara has to offer.
Learn all about the Byzantine and Roman history in Ankara as you visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations with your guide where you will see artefacts dating back to the Stone Age and get the chance to admire the Road of Lions at the mausoleum of Atatürk who was the first president of the Republic of Turkey.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private guided tour of Ankara
- Admission fees to the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, Ankara Castle, and Anitkabir
- Live commentary by your private guide
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Anatolian Civilizations
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, Kale, Gözcü Sk. No:2, 06240 Ulus/Altındağ/Ankara, Turkey
After pickup from your central Ankara hotel you will visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, home to exhibits of remnants like jewellery, dishes, and sculptures that are all thousands of years old from the Stone Age and the Neolithic Age as well as the Urartian, Hittite, and Phrygian periods.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ankara Castle, Kale Mh., Ankara 06240 Turkey
With your guide, you can take in the view of the Ankara Castle, also known as the Ankara Citadel. This hilltop castle was once controlled by the Romans, Seljuq Turks, Byzantines, Crusaders, and again by the Seljuqs in the 1200s before the citadel had major repairs under the order of Ibrahim Pasa in the 1800s.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Anitkabir Command Anittepe, Ankara 06570 Turkey
Next admire Anitkabir, the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the leader of the Turkish War of Independence and first president of the Republic of Turkey. Get a chance to see the Road of Lions, a walking path lined by pairs of lion statues. Wrap up your trip with a comfortable ride back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your Ankara hotel.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.