Private Tour of Colosseum and Ancient Rome with Gladiator Entrance
When in Rome, this Colosseum & Ancient Rome tour is a must. The Colosseum is arguably the most famous monument in the world, and it lies just next to the Palatine hill and the Roman Forum. The Palatine Hill is where Rome was first established, while the Roman Forum was the very center of the ancient city, hosting the most important ancient roman buildings of the regal, republican and imperial eras.
With this private tour you take the opportunity to plunge yourself in the very essence of the ancient Rome, with your personal guide telling you about the history of such places.
During this 3 hour tour, your dedicated English-speaking guide lead you around the three major sights of Ancient Rome, sharing with you the history, tales and facts behind them. Your guide is the perfect candidate to lead your Colosseum & Ancient Rome adventure, telling you the stories that bring the stones to life.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed local guide
- Admission ticket and booking fee to Colosseum
- Admission ticket and booking fees to Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Underground and Belvedere levels
- Trasportation and Hotel pick up
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Visiting the Colosseum is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Make the best of your trip with your own private tour, by tailor making your experience so to have the best interaction possible with your personal tour guide.
There is no better time to visit the Colosseum, as visitor numbers have been drastically reduced. This means that you are able to marvel at the awe-inspiring site without having large crowds around you!
Learn about the history, features and tales behind the greatest entertainment venue of all times. The construction of the Colosseum, whose official name is Flavian Amphitheatre, was begun around 72 AD and completed in 80 AD. This means it took the ancient Romans around 8 years to complete this engineering masterpiece designed to entertain the citizens of Rome.
Find out about the political and social background of the Roman Empire before, during and after the construction of the Colosseum. Get to know its purpose and its role within the Roman society.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
A stone's throw from the Colosseum, you can find the Roman Forum: the political, religious, judicial and financial center of Rome and all the Roman Empire.
This is where a city that once was barely a regional power became the core of the mightiest empire of the ancient times. This is where the Romans shaped the politics, laws and administrative systems that shaped the world we live in today, and affect the way we think about ourselves and our society.
As the first core of Rome grew larger on the close by Palatine hill, the Romans started to settle also in the lower areas. The area occupied by the Roman Forum was once only a marshy land, but already under the regal period was chosen as the social, political and religious center of the city.
Here you can find some of the most important buildings of the ancient Rome: the house of the Senate, temples, basilicas and much more.
Plunge yourself in the heart of the Roman Empire by visiting the Roman Forum!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Just above the the Roman Forum there’s the Palatine Hill, where Rome was established in 753 BC, 21st of April. This is where the first nucleus of Rome took shape, and where the houses, villas and palaces of the kings, emperors and notable people were.
The Palatine hill was chosen by Romulus as it was deemed to be the best of all the 7 hills of Rome thanks to its ideal and central position. The Romans, as other ancient civilizations, tended to choose the high grounds close to rivers for their early settlements. This gave a strategic advantage in case of military attack as well as against the frequent floods of the water streams.
Walk on the hill where the history of Rome started from. Learn about the early history of the city, the foundation myth of Romulus and Remus, and how the former managed to become the first king of Rome. Explore the ruins of the once imposing structures of the imperial houses of the emperors of Rome!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :City Walkers Tours, Rione I Monti Piazza del Colosseo Lazio, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Pira funebre di Giulio Cesare, Via in Miranda, 15, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Please note that due to current Covid-19 restrictions, all customers are required to wear a mask on tours indoors. Temperature checks might also take place at tour venues; if your temperature exceeds 37.5 degree Celsius for any reason, you cannot attend the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.