Private Tour of Caracalla Baths and Circus Maximus
Immerse into a green archaeological area a stone’s throw from the Colosseum with an affordable private tour. Explore two of the Empire's best leisure-places with an expert guide and save time with an express and complete experience. Feel like an Ancient Roman for an hour at the colossal Baths, then immerse for 30 minutes into another favorite of the past: the games.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance fees to the Caracalla Baths
- Sterilized headsets to hear your clearly guide
- Professional archeologist guide
- One mask per person if required
- Use of hand-sanitizing gel during the tour
- Full on-site assistance
- Entry/Admission - Terme di Caracalla
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Viale delle Terme di Caracalla 52, 00153 Rome Italy
Let your guide bring to life the impressive ruins of the best-preserved baths in Rome. Marvel at their gigantic walls and wander through the monumental rooms of the Caracalla thermal complex. Be an Ancient Roman for an hour as you go through the exact steps of a typical day at the baths in the 3rd century AD. Discover the bizarre range of services offered in this ancient-days-SPA for the wellness of body and mind.
Appreciate the architectural greatness of Imperial Rome and be surprised by the abilities of the ancient engineers. Learn about the labor-intensive underfloor heating system and find out the techniques used to maintain the desired temperature in every room. Finally, have a close look at the geometric motifs on the beautiful mosaics all over the place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Circus Maximus, Via del Circo Massimo, 00186 Rome Italy
Then head towards what is considered to have been the largest structure for public games ever built by mankind. Standing where once lied the Circus Maximus learn about the glorious Roman “Ludi”, the spectacular multi-venue celebrations held for up to several days. Let your guide drive your imagination through chariot races, gladiator fights, and the clamor of the public while walking on the soil where they used to take place. Finally, travel back in time to a quasi-legendary era before Rome itself and find out the Circus’s foundations in the early myths and Gods.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Aventino, 3, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, wear comfortable shoes
- Travellers younger than 18 years old must present a valid document or proof of ID
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.