Private Tour of Athens Highlights & Sounion Temple of Poseidon & Great Lunch
A really PRIVATE day journey -just for you and your partner or group- to all the Athens essentials & the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion.
Explore the city: Olympic stadium, the Acropolis, Hadrian's Arch & the Temple of Zeus, ancient Agora, Lycabettus hill. Watch the changing of the guards.
Then, take a ride along the coastal rode with a magnificent Mediterranean view to visit & explore one of the most impressive and picturesque ancient sites in Greece, the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion. Enjoy this non touristy, flexible, customized tour and a great lunch, treat of your driver/guide.
More than 8 people? please contact us through Viator!
What is different: private (really), personalized, flexible, does not cancel if not enough people in the "bus", excellent real Greek food included.
Opt in for an extra stop at the beautiful Vouliagmeni lake.
This full day tour is operated is a non touristy fashion.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour for 1 to 8 related only people.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- The highlight of the tour: Greek lunch, drinks
- In-car bottled water and information booklet
- Very flexible itinerary and start times
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of one carry-on bag
- Lunch & drinks
- Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage not allowed
- Entrance fees to the Athens sites (€30 for all of them), the temple of Poseidon (€8 high season & €4 during of season)
- Shopping stops unless required by the traveler/s
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off in areas outside of Athens (only at additional cost)
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Agora of Athens
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athens 105 55 Greece
The ancient agora site
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
Wonder around the famous "rock"
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Visit the most modern museum in Athens
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Changing of the Guard Ceremony, Syntagma Square Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Athens 10557 Greece
Attend the changing of the guards in front of the parliament and ... more.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
Visit the temple
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Athens hotel or Airbnb, the Athens airport, Piraeus and Nafplio port. Possible extra cost for some locations.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of up to 8 related people per booking - Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of the trip with a very hospitable local private driver is 8 hours but very flexible so that you won't be rushed or miss anything you need to see.
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implemenet all the protocols of the local authorities such as masks, sanitizing, social distancing, but most of all common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. We also do temperature & oxygen checks if needed. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" and exploring safely in the open that will provide more freedom and safety. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules. Please decide on your holiday with your own criteria considering your health, tolerance to risk but don't go for a holiday that is not going to be worry-free!
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- PROTOCOLS in place while COVID-19 effects the world: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature check for staff & visitors is available. Staff required to regularly wash hands. Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR GUIDES ARE LIKE FAMILY TO US: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours are PRIVATE and already what you would call safe! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with “zero” cases!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.