Private Tour - Let's take a look at the life of a Sumo wrestler in Ryogoku!
Sumo city, Ryogoku. Ryogoku Kokugikan, which is the center of sumo in Japan, holds 3 tournaments and executive meetings, so there are many sumo rooms (institutions for training sumo wrestlers) in this venue.
And throughout the towns of both countries, some places are related to the history of sumo and places that give you a glimpse of the life of wrestlers. Shrines where sumo wrestling was held in ancient times, shops that handle the daily life of wrestlers, chanko store, the soul food of wrestlers...
The entire town supports the sumo culture. You might even meet a real wrestler!
Why don't you spend a day immersed in the sumo culture at the sumo holy land?
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Private tour
- Necessary expenses for the tour guide
What's excluded :
- Travel expenses and entrance fees for your own
- Money for food/drinks, souvenirs and extra activities for your own
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- The use of private van
- Entry/Admission - Edo-Tokyo Museum
- Entry/Admission - Chanko Dojo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hakkaku-beya Sumo Stable, 1-chōme-16-1 Kamezawa, Sumida City, Tokyo 130-0014, Japan
Hakkaku room: The place where the sumo wrestlers practice is called the "sumo room." Here, you can see the sumo wrestlers. You can't go inside, but let's look at it from the outside.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ryogoku Takahashi, 4-31-15 Ryogoku, Sumida 130-0026 Tokyo Prefecture
Takahashi: Various items related to sumo such as towels and cushions that are actually used by wrestlers are on sale. Some items can only be purchased here, so why not buy this as a souvenir?
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ekoin Temple, 2-8-10 Ryogoku, Sumida 130-0026 Tokyo Prefecture
Eko-in: The place used to be the place of sumo wrestling during the Edo period. This temple has a history of 360 years and is also called Japan's No.1 temple. It has a unique philosophy of preaching the mercy of the Buddha to all living things.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ryogoku Edo Noren, 1-3-20 Yokoami, Sumida 130-0015 Tokyo Prefecture
Ryogoku Edo NOREN: There is a real sumo ring here. You may meet real wrestlers when the event takes place.
With the concept of enjoying the stylish Edo food culture, the buildings that reproduce the old townscape with a selection of restaurants.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Ryogoku Kokugikan, 1-3-28 Yokoami, Sumida 130-0015 Tokyo Prefecture
Ryogoku Kokugikan: It is a well-known place for sumo culture. You can go inside and can purchase sumo goods such as Nishiki pictures depicting wrestlers and postcards with pictures of popular wrestlers.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Edo-Tokyo Museum, 1-4-1 Yokoami, Sumida 130-0015 Tokyo Prefecture
Edo Tokyo Museum: One of Japan's most prominent museums, you will be taken back to the streets of the Edo period. You can even experience the life a merchant in the experience center!
Duration: 1 hour 25 minutes
Stop At: Chanko Dojo, 1-chōme-28-4 Midori, Sumida City, Tokyo 130-0021, Japan
Chanko Dojo (Japanese sumo wrestler's hot pot): This is a store where you can taste chanko, the soul food of wrestlers, at a reasonable price!
You can enjoy Japanese food in addition to Chanko. There is a sumo ring in the store, and you can feel as if you were in the sumo room.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :RYŌGOKU STATION, 1-chōme-3-20 Yokoami, Sumida City, Tokyo 130-0015, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please come in comfortable clothing, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc. - at least about JPY 1500)
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.