Private tour: Kremlin, Armoury: the World of Amazing Faberge and Diamond Fund
Visit three opulent highlights of Moscow’s Kremlin — Assumption Cathedral, Armory Chamber and Diamond Fund Exhibition - on a 5-hour morning walking tour! After entering at the earliest admission time to avoid the lines that appear later in the day, immerse yourself in a world of diamonds, gilded décor and intrigue while learning all about the Russian tsars, empresses and presidents who have resided at the iconic Moscow monument.
• 5-hour Kremlin tour including the Assumption Cathedral of Kremlin Grounds, Armory Chamber, Diamond Fund Exhibition
• Learn about the Kremlin’s history and hear tales of the Russian tsars
• Gaze in awe at the opulence of the Armory with its collection of impressive Imperial weapons
• Visit the Diamond Fund Exhibition to see the Crown of the Russian Empire alongside other dazzling jewels
• Walk around the colorful Assumption Cathedral and hear of the countless coronations that once took place inside
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Entrance fee to Kremlin Grounds (guided visit)
- Entrance fee to Armoury Chamber (guided visit)
- Entrance fee to Diamond Fund (with audio guide)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Moscow Kremlin
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral Square
- Entry/Admission - Armoury Chamber
- Entry/Admission - Tsar Bell and Tsar Cannon
- Entry/Admission - Diamond Fund (Almazny Fond)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moscow Kremlin, Moscow 103132 Russia
Meet your guide near Kremlin and then head inside at one of the earliest admission times to avoid the long entrance lines that appear later in the day. Stroll through the grounds and learn all about Moscow’s Kremlin and its history from your guide. Translating as ‘fortified stronghold,’ the Kremlin dates back to the 15th century when it started life as an imposing castle for the Russian Tsars. Centuries of battles, bloodshed, corruption and intrigue followed, and nowadays the site leads a somewhat tamer existence as the residence of the Russian president. Today Kremlin is the residence of Russian President and the main symbol of the country, revered by all of its citizens.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Cathedral Square, ul. Kreml, Moscow 101000 Russia
The centre of the Moscow Kremlin is occupied by the main and most ancient square of the city - Cathedral Square, which still retains its original form - a unique complex of masterpieces of medieval architecture. Having been founded in the early XIVth century Cathedral Square saw the construction, destruction and rebuilding of churches and chambers, witnessed all the perturbations within the history of the Russian State. Visit the Assumption Cathedral - the oldest church in the Kremlin and also the most important: the seat of the Russian Orthodox Church was transferred here from Vladimir in 1326. The building is simple and austere - a vaulted limestone block topped by five golden cupolas. The gabled frescoes on the east and west faces were added in the 1660s, and otherwise, the exterior has remained almost unchanged to this day.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Armoury Chamber, Dvortsovaya St., 1R, Moscow 103073 Russia
Then explore the world-famous site - Armory Chamber, a chamber that boasts enough bling to rival the entire Palace of Versailles. Known to many as the ‘treasure trove of Russia,’ the chamber comprises nine rooms all lavishly embellished with ornamentation, jewellery and Imperial weapons — the spoils of the Russian Tsars. Walk around with your guide and discover highlights such as the vast collection of Faberge Eggs that were once given as extravagant Easter gifts, as well as the crowns and thrones of Russian tsars, precious armoury and the world’s largest collection of royal carriages.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tsar Bell and Tsar Cannon, ul. Kreml, Moscow 101000 Russia
Admire the Tsar Cannon, the colossal firearm that seems never to have been fired, and stop for photos in front of the bell tower that encases one of the world’s largest bells, see the Tzar Bell - the largest bell in the world, weighing almost 202 tons and standing more than 6 metres high and 6.6 metres across.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Diamond Fund (Almazny Fond), Proyezd Proyektiruyemyy 813, Moscow 103073 Russia
Then start to make your way towards the Diamond Fund - an impressive collection of precious stones and jewelry amassed over centuries by the Russian tsars and empresses. See the Crown of the Russian Empire — the richest crown in the Russian Empire — and hear of Empress Elizabeth, the grandchild of Tsar Peter the Great, who contributed a large amount of jewellery to the collection. Having reached the Diamond Fund, say your goodbyes to your guide, and continue exploring The Diamond Fund Exhibition with an audio guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Aleksandrovskiy sad, Moscow, Russia, 125009
Return Detail :Almaznyy Fond, Кремль, Боровицкие ворота, Moskva, Russia, 125009
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Moderate amount of walking involved
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.