Private Tour: Kos Island Highlights Including Zia, Asklepieion and Tree of Hippocrates
Get to know Kos Island on a private half-day tour, visiting ancient ruins, a mountain village and a winery! While enjoying personalized attention from a guide, explore archeological excavations at Asklepieion and learn about Greek medicine and healing in ancient times. Enjoy free time in the sleepy mountain village of Zia, and then sample Kos wine in the sunshine at a family-run winery. Before finishing, stop to see the Tree of Hippocrates, where the famous ancient doctor taught his students.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle and professional driver
- Wine tasting
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee for Askleipion (4 euro)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Asklepion, Kos Town 853 00 Greece
This excursion begins with Asklepion, the most visited archaeological site on the island.
Constructed in the 4th century bc it served two purposes; a temple consecrated to Asklepios the God of Health as well as a health & healing resort. This is where Hippocrates, the father of medicine, practiced & developed many of the healing methods that are still used todayThis is an excellent way to become acquainted with the traditional side of Kos Island.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zia, Zia, Kos, Dodecanese, South Aegean
Our next stop is the lovely little mountain village of Zia. A beautiful panoramic view of Kos Island waits for you & your camera! Zia, is fast becoming a center for local artists & craftspeople, as well as a great place to introduce yourself to the diverse local dried herbs used in traditional Greek cooking.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hippocrates Tree, Nafkilirou, Kos Town Greece
As we head back towards the Port of Kos, we make one last stop to the Planetree (greek: "Platanos") of Hippocrates near the ancient Castle Fortress on the harbour. It is said that 2500yrs ago Hippocrates, the father of medicine taught his students under that very tree.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children who do not occupy a seat are free of charge. Children who occupy a seat and are up to 11 years old, benefit from a discount
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- - To avoid congestion, vehicle seats will always be in abundance comparing to group comparing to group's size. -Passengers will always have to carry their own protection masks during the activity
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.