Private Tour: Jerash and Umm Qais Day Trip from Amman
Rewind to the time of ancient Rome on a private day trip to Jerash and Umm Qais Greco – Roman cities from Amman. After heading north from Amman in a private, leisure, air-conditioned vehicle, enjoy a guided tour of the ruins of Jerash. Gaze in awe at the well-preserved remains, including Hadrian’s Arch, the Oval Plaza, the Temples of Zeus and Artemis, as well as the Hippodrome; hear tales of the city’s golden age. Continue to the Greco-Roman site of Umm Qais to see its basilica terrace, theaters, and other relics. Visit the town’s archaeological museum before returning to Amman.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English-Speaking Driver
- Entrance to the mentioned sites: Jerash, Umm Qais & its museum;if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Local English-Speaking guide for classic visit of Jerash
- On board WI-FI
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Oval Plaza
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Amman, Amman, Amman Governorate
Meet your own private English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide at your central Amman hotel and board your comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle. Then, start out on your full-day trip to Jerash and Umm Qais, home to the ruins of two of ancient Rome’s Decapolis cities — a group of 10 situated on the frontiers of the Roman Empire in the Middle East.
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
First, venture northward through Jordan’s green landscapes to Jerash, a modern city fringed by the relics of the once-prosperous Roman city known as “Gerasa” - Jerash. Meet your friendly local guide at the entrance, and enjoy a private tour of the spectacular site, one of the best-preserved Roman cities in the Middle East. Pass through the monumental Hadrian’s Arch that was the city’s main gateway, and ogle the classic ruins spread before you.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Oval Plaza, Archaeological Site Jerash, Jerash 26173 Jordan
Then, stroll around this once-bustling city to see highlights such as the colonnaded avenue, the Temples of Zeus and Artemis, the Hippodrome chariot-racing arena, and the Oval Plaza; an egg-shaped forum framed by a ring of standing columns. As you explore, hear captivating tales about “Gerasa” during its heyday. Learn how Alexander the Great conquered the city in the 2nd century B.C., and how later, local farmers cultivated much-coveted fruits and vegetables to sell on to the wealthy Roman residents.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Umm Qais, Umm Qais, Irbid Governorate
After free time to explore on your won, continue to the village of Umm Qais, overlooking the ruins of another Roman Decapolis city known as “Gadara”. Soak up the views from here over the Sea of Galilee and Golan Heights to explore the Greco-Roman ruins, including the amphitheater, crumbled mausoleum, basilica terrace, as well as other theaters and treasures. Then, visit the town’s museum to admire some of the precious artifacts recovered from the site, including mosaics and marble statues. Journey back to Amman where your trip concludes with a hotel drop-off.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- These measurements will be updated accordance with the Health Ministry regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.