Private Tour: Istanbul Highlights and Nakkas Cistern
Visit four of Istanbul’s world-famous sights and one of its hidden gems on a full-day private tour, with lunch included. With your very own guide, explore the splendid Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace. Then, descend into the little-known Nakkas Cistern, a Byzantine underground cistern, where the arched vaults house an exhibition on Istanbul’s ancient Hippodrome. View the fascinating displays on the chariot-racing arena and then explore the colorful Grand Bazaar, stopping on route to sample a delicious Turkish coffee at a roasting house.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan
- Turkish coffee
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Kapali Carsi
- Entry/Admission - Hagia Sophia Museum
- Entry/Admission - Topkapi Palace
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Drinks with lunch (available to purchase)
- Meet your expert guide at your Istanbul hotel and hop into your air-conditioned minivan for your private tour. Chat with your guide about any sights you want to see more or less of — as your tour is private, the itinerary can be customized around you.
Start at the stunning Blue Mosque, a 17th-century mosque graced by beautiful domes and minarets, and famed for its 20,000 blue İznik tiles. Admire the ocean of blue of its interior and then visit the UNESCO-listed Hagia Sophia, the 6th-century church that was turned into a mosque before becoming a museum.
Admire the soaring, mosaic-covered interior and then, after lunch at a traditional restaurant, head to the Topkapi Palace, seat of the Ottoman sultans for over 400 years. Enjoy a guided tour around its porcelain, jewelry and art collections, and learn about the Ottoman rulers who lived here.
Next, visit the Nakkas Cistern, a hidden gem. Built in the 6th century, this underground vault once stored water for the city and is now used for private exhibitions.
Descend into the gloomy underground vaults and immerse yourself in the current “Hippodrome” exhibition, an exploration of Istanbul’s ancient chariot-racing circuit that's set out amid the marble columns. View the 3D animations and replica statues that bring this now long-gone stadium back to life in vivid detail.
Lastly, pay a visit to the captivating Grand Bazaar. Dating back to 1456, this vast, chaotic marketplace brims with more than 3,000 stalls selling rugs, jewelry, spices, antiques and other goods.
Explore with your guide, get tips on haggling, and perhaps snap up some souvenirs (own expense). Finish at one of the bazaar’s best-known coffee roasters, Sark Kahvesi. Sip on a delicious, home-roasted blend as you learn about Turkey’s passion for coffee, and then return to your hotel where your tour finishes.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up central located hotels. If your hotel is located outside of our city limits, we might need to apply a supplement. Please contact us to check your hotel location before arrival.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum number of passanger for this tour will be 2. If there is no enough passanger, we can change your tour or full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- We as KARAVAN TRAVEL, want to ensure the minds of travelers that, all the necessary safety measures and precautions will be maintained at all times; hand sanitizer will be available, masks will be given out, seats will be blocked out on coaches, reduced groups sizes and social distancing measures will be taking against COVID-19 infections. We will follow up the new regulations/restrictions permanently and update our procedures accordingly.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.