Private Tour: Historic León City
If you are a history lover, León is your place to explore in one day. León city was once the capital of Nicaragua and today is one of the most important cities of the country. It has 2 World Heritage by UNESCO, the largest Cathedral of Central America, active volcanoes, the first university of the country and more.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrances to mentioned sites
- Entry/Admission - Ruins of Leon Viejo
- Entry/Admission - Basilica Catedral de la Asuncion
- Entry/Admission - Museo Ruben Dario
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ruins of Leon Viejo, Puerto Momotombo, Leon Nicaragua
During the transfer from the capital to León city, we pass by small towns, crop plantations, and landscapes of volcanoes.
The first stop is León Viejo where remain the ruins of the first city of León, which was destroyed by a volcano eruption and earthquake. Here, you learn about the history between Spanish conquerors and natives, volcanoes, and the local economy. Also, take a time to take impressive pictures of Momotombo Volcano standing on the shores of Lake Xolotlán!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica Catedral de la Asuncion, Leon Nicaragua
We visit the Cathedral and then go up to its roof to learn about the history that is hidden in its design and details. The view from the top is unique!
We take time at Central Park and surrounding the main buildings. Later, we can move to the Central Market
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo Ruben Dario, Calle Central, Leon Nicaragua
We visit the Ruben Darío Museum, which was the house where our poet live until he was 4 years old. Here we learn about the family stories, educational process, and expansion of Ruben Darío who became the "Father of Modernism"
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is available from Centrally located hotels in Managua City. Pickup and drop-off is also available from Granada City.Our representative will pick you up at the lobby of the hotel you indicated, please present your digital voucher and photo ID.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- It is under your responsibility to comply with Nicaragua´s airport entrance COVID requirements. Some tourist sites mentioned may be closed due to COVID restrictions.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.