Private Tour: Hermitage Museum Gold Room Tour with a Curator including All-Day Admission to the Museum
Take a private tour of the Hermitage Gold Room with a Hermitage Museum Curator. The Gold Room has a spectacular collection of gold, silver, and royal jewels that belonged to the Russian tsars. It has the best and biggest collection of Scynthian Gold in the world. Famous ancient Grecian gold, oriental jewelry from India, Iran and China, as well as some superb examples of ceremonial oriental weapons. The collection consists of around 1,500 works made from gold and dating from the 7th century B.C. to the 19th century A.D.The stunning collection of the Hermitage Gold Room will be the gem of your travel. Afterwards continue exploring the other exhibitions in the museum independently, as your ticket includes all-day admission.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (fully private car)
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Emb., 30-38, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
Begin your tour in a private car for transport to the fabulous Gold Room. This is the most prized section of the famous Hermitage Museum: A spectacular collection of gold, silver, and royal jewels that belonged to the Russian tsars.
The Gold Room presents a significant collection of archeological finds - the famous ancient Grecian gold, the best and the world's biggest collection of Scythian gold, Oriental jewelry from India, Iran and China, as well as some superb examples of ceremonial oriental weapons. It consists of around 1,500 works made from gold and dating to the 7th century B.C. to the 19th century A.D. Admire a large number of amazing gold artifacts: bracelets, rings, earrings, female and male clothing decorations. The stunning collection of the Hermitage Gold Room will be the gem of your travel.
Access to the Gold Room is usually by pre-arranged appointment only, with no exceptions, and usually a tour would last for 30 minutes and you would have to be part of a large group. Therefore this private, 1 hour 15 minutes tour is really a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and not to be missed!
Your private tour of the Gold Room will take place with a curator, who actually curates the room itself. All of the curators at the museum have a Ph.D. in art history, are real connoisseurs of art. They are also extremely enthusiastic about their collection. The curator will share details with you that you won't find in the guidebooks.
After your extraordinary Gold Room tour, you will have the opportunity to continue exploring the other exhibitions at one of the best museums in the world independently: The State Hermitage Museum. The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, is the biggest museum in the World (together with the Louvre in Paris, they are in competition for the World's "No 1" title in terms of exhibition space, number of items and collections etc). The buildings that the Hermitage occupies are brilliant examples of European architecture. The walls of these buildings have also seen a great number of important historical events - from Peter the Great to Nicolay II. Every visitor can feel the force of Russian history here. Its collections, of which only a small part is on permanent display, comprise over three million items, including the largest collection of paintings in the world. The collections occupy a large complex of six historic buildings along Palace Embankment, including the Winter Palace, a former residence of Russian emperors.
Your tour includes an all-day entrance ticket, so you can stay at this marvelous museum as long as you wish after the tour (closing time is 6pm; and on Wednesdays it is 9 pm).
There is a cafe inside the museum, where you can take a break for lunch if you wish (own expense).
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located St Petersburg hotel/hostel.Dates: Daily except MondaysReturn point: the Hermitage museum (Winter Palace)
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour as a shore excursion: additional payment $100 for blanket visa and round trip private transfer cruise ship - tour attractions - cruise ship ($100 for all the travellers, not per person). Minimum 2 travellers required. Details needed for a blanket visa: passport name, number, date of birth and country for all the passengers. Please send them shortly after the booking. Booking should be made at least 7 days before the ship arrival date.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.