Private tour: Herculaneum Rail Tour from Naples
Follow us on a tour designed to move around by public transport so as to get immersed in the local way of living!
We will step back in time on a half-day tour of the Ruins of Herculaneum — an incredible Roman Town and UNESCO-listed archaeological site. The victim of an ancient Mt Vesuvius eruption, Herculaneum was discovered back in the 18th century and the finds were impressive. Discover it for yourself on a tour with a private guide, and see the well-preserved baths, houses, and shops that give an incredible insight into Roman life. Marvel at ancient frescoes and mosaics. We will discover how advanced Romans were 2 two thousand years ago.
Please note this is a tour for people that are in good physical shape. The train ride is practical and short but there are no assigned seats. We can buy train tickets and admission fees quickly on the spot.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Private guide
- Train tickets
- Skip-the-line tickets in Herculanem
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
You will reach the ruins of Herculaneum assisted by your private guide and using public transports. The walking tour will make you discover the highlights of the Archaeological Park. Marvel at incredible frescoes and mosaics. Also, unique ere in Herculaneum is the preservation of fossilized wood. We shall of course see the dramatic skeletons of the victims by the ancient marina. We will learn what happened during that terrific eruption. We will visit ancient houses, Bath-Houses, little shops, taverns. We will enter the daily life of the average Roman. We will admire incredible frescoes and mosaics. We will be awe-stricken by the dreadful skeletons!
We will walk for approximately two hours to discover the archaeological park and the little museum. Herculaneum is more compact than Pompeii, better preserved, and easier to visit. It is going to be a pleasant walk away from the crowds of Pompeii. The itinerary is going to be tailored to your needs and requests
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ercolano, Ercolano, Province of Naples, Campania
We will be walking from HerculaneumTrain Station to the Archaeological area for 15 minutes on foot. It will allow us to discover this lazy town on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius and discover a little bit of the attitude of his citizens.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: Central Station Naples, Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 80142 Napoli NA, Italy
2: Cruise Ship Terminal • Port of Naples, San Ferdinando, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend comfortable shoes and sun gears during the summer-time
- The length of the tour is approximately 5 hours but it may vary according to the timetable of the public transports system. We guarantee that the walking tour inside the archaeological area will last 2 hours
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The walking tour is totally private. There will be no-one else but your party and our guide. There will be other persons on the train instead.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.