Private Tour: Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, Sakkara
Rewind to ancient Egypt with this full-day private tour to Giza, Sakkara and Memphis. With your own Egyptologist guide, admire the magnificent pyramids at Giza. After learning about these age-old tombs and the Sphinx, leave Cairo to see the Sakkara pyramid, an extraordinary stepped tomb known as Egypt’s oldest pyramid. Lastly, continue to Memphis to discover the UNESCO-listed ruins of ancient Egypt’s capital, including a giant statue of Ramses II. Enjoy a flexible itinerary on this private tour, and upgrade to include lunch and entry to Giza’s Solar Boat Museum.
• Private day trip to the Great Pyramids and Sphinx, Sakkara and Memphis from Cairo
• Guided introduction to each of the three Great Pyramids
• Visit the enigmatic Sphinx
• Egypt's oldest pyramid at Sakkar
• Memphis, ancient capital of Egypt
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- camel ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Professional Driver
- Private Car
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- 8:00 AM Start your private tour with a hotel pickup in Cairo or Giza, and travel by air-conditioned minivan to the Giza Plateau. Head into the site with your Egyptologist guide and marvel at the pyramids. Take snaps and listen as your guide explains how these monumental tombs were built in around 2,500 BC for three pharaohs.
Get free time to explore inside one of the pyramids independently (additional cost) — your guide is not permitted to accompany you. Alternatively, take a camel ride (additional cost) and absorb the sweeping views over central Cairo.
See the enigmatic Sphinx, and perhaps complete your visit with entry to the Solar Boat Museum (additional cost): home to the funerary boat of Khufu, the pharaoh for whom the largest Giza pyramid was built. Gaze in awe at the wooden boat, and learn how its remnants were discovered and reassembled by archaeologists. Next, make the short drive to Sakkara, the home of Egypt's oldest pyramid, constructed in around 2,650 BC. Admire this incredible, stepped structure as you learn how it was built for the Pharaoh Djoser, and enjoy time to explore at leisure. Then, continue to Memphis, Egypt’s ancient capital and administrative center until around 2,200 BC. View the UNESCO-listed sculptures and ruins in its outdoor museum, and behold the star turn: a spectacularly large, fallen statue of Ramses II.
During your day’s explorations, break for lunch and visit a papyrus institute to see the ancient craft of papyrus painting in action. Watch the artisans at work and perhaps buy some of the delicate artworks.
Your day trip finishes with a drop-off back at your Cairo or Giza hotel.
Departure Point :Centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.