Private Tour: Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, Khan el-Khalili Bazaar
Witness the Giza pyramids, the Egyptian Museum and Khan el-Khalili bazaar on this full-day tour of Cairo, with a private Egyptologist guide. See the ancient pyramids and Sphinx at el-Giza; and discover the mysteries that surround these age-old monuments. Visit the atmospheric Egyptian Museum to see the treasures of Tutankhamun, including his gold death mask and coffins. Then, finish with time at the colorful Khan el-Khalili bazaar to barter for bargains. Enjoy a flexible itinerary that can be tailored to your interests, and upgrade to enjoy lunch during your tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation by air-conditioned minivans ;pick up from hotel and drop off.
- Experience a Private and an expert Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Bottled mineral water during the tour.
- Camel rides at the Giza pyramids.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cairo, Cairo, Cairo Governorate
Start with a pickup from your central Cairo or Giza hotel by private, air-conditioned vehicle. Meet your Egyptologist guide, and set off to explore the city’s highlights. If there’s something you want to see more of, let your guide know: your tour is private, so the itinerary can be tailored to your interests and will last between 6-8 hours. Visit the Giza Plateau in the el-Giza district, to admire the three Giza pyramids. Marvel at these massive ancient burial tombs, built around 2,500 BC, and learn how and why they were constructed.Get free time to enter one of the pyramids (additional cost) and explore its empty inner chambers independently — your guide is not permitted to enter with you.Gaze up at the colossal Sphinx, the enigmatic statue of a human-headed lion that guards the pyramids, and if you wish, visit the Solar Boat Museum (additional cost); home to the funerary boat of Khufu, the pharaoh for whom the Great Pyramid was built. Admire the beautiful wooden boat, once used to transport Khufu’s body to the site, and learn how its remnants were discovered and reassembled.Then, head inside Cairo’s Egyptian Museum, home to some 120,000 incredible ancient artifacts. Let your guide introduce you to some of the highlights, including the star attraction: the treasures of Tutankhamun. Admire the boy king’s gold death mask, coffins and funerary treasures, and learn about his short and troubled reign. Then, enjoy some free time to explore the museum at leisure.
Finish with a visit to Khan el-Khalili bazaar, Cairo’s main souk. Meander through the bustling lanes and perhaps haggle for goodies such as gold, rugs, spices and other wares. If you’ve upgraded to include lunch, take a break for your meal as you travel between the sites. In addition, pay a short visit to a papyrus institute to see how time-honored papyrus artworks are created. See some artists in action and if you wish, purchase some papyrus paintings.When the time comes, your tour ends with a drop-off back at your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up all our guests from any hotels in Cairo or Giza.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.