Private Tour: Full-Day Bird Safari Excursion to Bhigwan from Pune
Visiting the famous Kumbhargaon Bird Sanctuary at Bhigwan Village with a bird-watching expert on this private, 8-hour day trip from Pune. Spend a day spotting and learning about India's native birds, and visiting the historic hilltop Bhuleshwar Temple. A private chauffeur and tour guide ensures a personalized experience. Hotel or airport pickup and drop-off included.
per adult from
7 to 8 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel or airport pickup and drop-off (Pune city only)
- Private chauffeur with air-conditioned car
- Visit to Kumbhargaon bird sanctuary and Bhuleshwar Temple
- Private bird-watching expert
- Round-trip transport to Bhigwan
- Fuel, parking, surcharge and government taxes
What's excluded :
- Boat ride
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bhigwan Bird Watching, Bhigwan takrawadi Bhigwan Village, Baramati 413130 India
Start this early morning tour with a 6am pickup from Pune Airport or your Pune city hotel by your bird-watching guide and private chauffeur.
Your first stop is Bhigwan, a small village about 60 miles (110 km) away from Pune, and the drive takes roughly two hours. In the winter months, migratory birds flock to the huge Yashwant Sagar reservoir, which forms the backwaters of the Ujain Dam and is located by Bhigwan.
Together with your guide and private group, you'll find the perfect bird-watching spot. Some of the famous birds you'll see include the ruddy shelducks, a large stork, the black drongo, the eurasian spoonbill, the red-naped Ibis, pratincole, and spotted owlets.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Bhuleshwar Temple, Pune Solapur Highway, Pune 412104 India
After birdwatching, visit the hilltop site of Bhuleshwar, the famous temple of Lord Shiva. Originally called Mangalgadh, the temple was built in the 13th century. There are beautiful carvings along the walls that enhance its stone structure. Bhuleshwar has historical significance as it is the place where Devi Parvati danced for Lord Shiva, after which they went to Kailas and got married. Your guide will tell you more of the story.
On your way back to Pune, you'll stop off at a traditional cane sugar factory. You can also stop for food, souvenirs, and anything else along the way, just ask your guide. At the end of the tour you will be dropped back off at your hotel
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide hotel details while booking.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress modestly and ensure you have adequate sun protection and drinking water
- This is a great tour for those interested in photography
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.