Private tour From Colombo to Sigiriya Dambulla
"Sigiriya" rock fortress and Dambulla "Cave Temple" has been an eye candy to foreigners as well as local tourists for a very long time. There is a historical value and a scientific value in both places. ( eg: It's been a mystery up-to-date about the water system and its engineering methodology that took water up to the top of the fortress). Our tour guides are very well educated about the truest history, scientific facts, as well as the ancient tales and beliefs that revolve around these places. If you planning on coming to Sri Lanka, this is a trip you must take!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch at a local restaurant
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Dambulla Cave Temple
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
Sigiriya is an ancient rock fortress located in the Matale district near Dambulla town in the Central Province. The name refers to a site of historical and archaeological significance that is dominated by a massive column of rock nearly 200 meters high. According to the ancient Sri Lankan chronicle, the Culavamsa, this site was selected by King Kashyapa (477- 495 CE) as his new capital. He built his palace on top of the rock and decorated its sides with colorful frescoes. On a small plateau about halfway up the side of this rock, he built a gateway in the form of an enormous lion. The name of this place is derived from this structure – Sinhagiri, the Lion Rock. The capital and the royal palace was abandoned after the King’s death. It was used as a Buddhist monastery until the 14th century. Sigiriya today is a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is one of the best-preserved exhibits of ancient urban planning.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dambulla Cave Temple, Jaffna Hwy, Habarana 50150 Sri Lanka
The beautiful Royal Rock Temple complex sits about 160m above the road in the southern part of Dambulla. Five separate caves contain about 150 absolutely stunning Buddha statues and paintings, some of Sri Lanka's most important and evocative religious art. Buddha images were first created here over 2000 years ago, and over the centuries subsequent kings added to and embellished the cave art.
From the caves there are superb views over the surrounding countryside; Sigiriya is clearly visible some 20km distant.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Colombo, Sri Lanka
2: Negombo, Sri Lanka
3: Kandy, Sri Lanka
4: Kalutara, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.