Private Tour: Forbidden City,Summer Palace with Pekin Roast Duck Lunch
Learn about China’s capital city on this guided sightseeing tour. Your private guide will share interesting stories and facts about Beijing’s history as you walk through the Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City museum. Visit the famous royal garden-Summer Palace, taste a yummy Pekin roast duck for lunch, a perfect day it will be.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Lunch - Pekin Roast duck for lunch
- Private transportation or Metro according to the number of passengers
- Hotel pickup
- Entrance fee of Forbidden City museum
- Entrance fee of Summer Palace
- Visit of Tiananmen Square
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
What's excluded :
- Gratuities to your tour guide and driver
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
Tian'anmen Square is the world's largest city-center square. It is situated in the heart area of Beijing.The square stretches 880 meters from north to south and 500 meters from east to west. The total area is 440,000 square meters. That's about the size of 60 soccer fields, spacious enough to accommodate a million people. On the west of Tiananmen Square it is the Great Hall of the People, the meeting place of national people's congress of China.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Forbidden City, also known as the Palace Museum, and Gu Gong in Chinese, lies at the city center of Beijing, and once served as the imperial palace for 24 emperors during the Ming and Qing Dynasties (1368 - 1911). It was first built throughout 14 years during the reign of Emperor Chengzu in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). Ancient Chinese Astronomers believed that the Purple Star (Polaris) was in the center of heaven and the Heavenly Emperor lived in the Purple Palace. The Palace for the emperor on earth was so called the Purple City. It was forbidden to enter without special permission of the emperor. Hence its name 'The Purple Forbidden City', usually 'The Forbidden City'.
Now known as the Palace Museum, it is to the north of Tiananmen Square. Rectangular in shape, it is the world's largest palace complex and covers 74 hectares. Surrounded by a 52-meter-wide moat and a 10-meter-high wall are more than 8,700 rooms. The wall has a gate on each side. The distance between the south Meridian Gate (Wumen) and the north Gate of Divine Prowess (Shenwumen) is 961 meters (1,051 yards), while the distance between the east and west gates is 753 meters (823 yards). There are unique and delicately structured towers on each of the four corners of the curtain wall. These afford views over both the palace and the city outside.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Summer Palace (Yiheyuan), No.19 Xinjian Gongmen Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100080 China
Situated in the Haidian District northwest of Beijing, Summer Palace is 15 kilometers (9 miles) from the downtown area. Being the largest and most well-preserved royal park in China, it greatly influences Chinese horticulture and landscape with its famous natural views and cultural interests, which also has long been recognized as 'The Museum of Royal Gardens'.
Yiheyuan radiates fully the natural beauty and the grandeur of royal gardens. Composed mainly of Longevity Hill and Kunming Lake, it owns over 3,000 man-made ancient structures, including pavilions, towers, bridges, corridors, etc.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travellers at your Beijing hotel at downtown area
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please offer the passport information(passport name, passport no.) for each person at the time of booking, we need that to book the Forbidden City ticket.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.