Private Tour: Fengjing Water Town and Peasant Painting Experience from Shanghai
Spend a day exploring the beautiful water town of Fengjing with your own private guide. Board a boat and cruise along the town’s winding waterways; sample local delicacies; and discover the history and culture of the people of this quaint village. You’ll have the unique opportunity to meet local artists and discover the longtime tradition of Jinshan peasant painting. Enjoy the flexibility of deciding your own schedule on this customizable private tour, all with the assistance of your knowledgeable private guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Expert guidance through Fengjing
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation to Fengjing
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Activities in Fengjing
- About an hour away from the bustling Shanghai metropolis lies the quaint water town of Fengjing. On this full-day private tour, create your own sightseeing schedule with the help of your private guide and explore this hidden town to discover what makes its culture and history so unique.
Meet your guide in your Shanghai hotel and take the comfortable private transfer to the old town of Fengjing. Your guide will accompany you every step of the way, providing informative and interesting commentary about the town and offering suggestions so you can get the most out of your visit. (Please note that all food, activities and site entries will be at the customer's own expense.)
The entire day is yours to roam around the beautifully preserved age-old town. Walk along its well-known bridges, including the Zhihe Bridge of the Yuan Dynasty and the Ruihong Bridge of the Ming Dynasty. Interact with the locals and learn about the town’s history of production and trade, from fabric and textiles to folk art.
Board a traditional boat and weave through the town’s waterways, where you can witness the daily life of residents living by the riverside. Next, take a leisurely stroll on Shengchan Street to sample delicacies like millet wine, zhuangyuan cake (mooncake), Fengjing ‘pork trotters’ (pig’s feet) and dried bean curd.
Finally, discover the town’s tradition of peasant painting, in which peasant artists take elements from other folk art such as indigo prints, embroidery, lanterns and murals, and transform them into one-of-a-kind art that depicts the humble life of a Fengjing local. Meet local artists on a studio visit and watch as they create works of art. If you’d like, try your hand at making your own peasant painting with the help of a local painter.
After your one-of-a-kind experience in Fengjing, board a taxi with your guide to return to Shanghai.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Feel free to email us to confirm the tour. You could also call Shanghai Pathways at 0086-18917939860 for assistance.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.