Private Tour: Explore Nizhny Novgorod Park and Soak up Best Views of Volga River
This tour is ideal for travellers, who want to have a brief introduction about the City. During this 3 hours guided tour you will stroll through one of the oldest and most beautiful parks in the city, with the best views to the Volga River and the lower part of the city. You will learn a lot about Nizhny Novgorod from your knowledgeable guide and get an advice about the places not to be missed in the city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request (additional charge may apply)
- Skip-the-line access
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Visit: Switzerland Recreation Park Gagarina pr-kt 35, Nizhny Novgorod 603104 Russia
The Switzerland Park is located along the Oka River in the Priobsky district. The park covers more than 380 hectares. There are the Zoo and Attractions on the territory, as well as many cozy cafes with views of the city.
The park was laid in 1903 in the suburban area of Nizhny Novgorod by gymnasium students, their parents, and teachers. In 1958, the Komsomol student youth planted some trees along the Arzamas Highway (now Gagarin Avenue). Then the park became known as the "Park of the Leninist Komsomol." The historical name of "Switzerland" was returned to the park in 1992.
The oldest representatives of the local flora are 150 years old. These are mighty and beautiful trees. Among them are birches, aspens, pines, oaks, chestnuts, larch. And also such rare handsome men as the Manchurian nut, Amur velvet, red oak. In addition, the plant species listed in the Red Book contain the park "Switzerland".
Especially the park is beautiful in spring, when naturewakes up and is renewed, and also in autumn, when different species of trees acquire a multi-colored color of the leaves. Here it is pleasant to walk, enjoying the solitude and beauty of nature.
The park "Switzerland" is not only nature, there is a place for fun places, small cafes with various cuisine and democratic prices. There is also a lovely zoo. It is called "Mishutka" and was opened in 1997. In addition to bears, there are wolves, lynxes, tigers, deer, raccoons, foxes, camels, golden eagles, peacocks and other animals and birds.
A large amusement park is one of the mainentertainment, which offers visitors to the park "Switzerland". Against the backdrop of the green landscape, the forty-meter Ferris wheel stands out. From its top offers a breathtaking view of the forest and the river Oka.
Departure Point :Minin and Pozharsky Square.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Booking for this tour is required to reserve your space specially during high season. This helps us to guarantee you'll receive a top quality tour!
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.