Private Tour - Enjoy Ukiyoe of Katsushika Hokusai and the Edo times he did!
Ukiyoe is a picture that depicts the lives of people in the Edo period. Katsushika Hokusai is well known for Ukiyoe and drew over 30,000 paintings in his life. Hokusai's painting has been known since Edo times and has greatly influenced great painters Van Gogh, Degas, Lautrec, other artists and musicians. At the Sumida Hokusai Museum, created in his honor, we can learn about their lives and admire his work.
Next timeslip to Edo Tokyo Museum, and be taken to the streets of the Edo period. Experience the time of Hokusai and how Ukiyoe developed. It is more than just Ukiyoe, see the everyday lives of people, castles, kabuki, festivals etc.
Art and History, the must-sees in Tokyo!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Private Tour
- Tour Guide
- Necessary expenses for the tour guide
What's excluded :
- Travel expenses and entrance fees for your own
- Money for food/drinks, souvenirs and extra activities for your own
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- The use of private van
- Entry/Admission - The Sumida Hokusai Museum
- Entry/Admission - ORI TOKYO Cafe
- Entry/Admission - Edo-Tokyo Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Sumida Hokusai Museum, 2-7-2 Kamezawa, Sumida 130-0014 Tokyo Prefecture
Opened in 2016 to commemorate the works of Katsushika Hokusai, who spent most his life in Sumida Ward. The works of Hokusai and his students are displayed. Admire the landscapes that have influenced his work and museum that provides feels of his era. Let's remember this unique atmosphere in the museum!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: ORI TOKYO Cafe, Japan, 〒130-0014 Tokyo, Sumida City, Kamezawa, 1-chōme−3−７ 1F
A cafe selling textile Ukiyo-e artworks of Hokusai. It is a wonderful atmosphere with "Fugakusan Jurokkei" decorated on the wall. Why don't you jump into the world of Hokusai?
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kyu Yasuda Garden, 1-12-1 Yokoami, Sumida 130-0015 Tokyo Prefecture
It is a garden that goes around a pond in the shape of "Kokoro." There is the "Komadomeishi" and other features that are present in Hokusai's works. It is a beautiful Japanese garden.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Edo-Tokyo Museum, 1-4-1 Yokoami, Sumida 130-0015 Tokyo Prefecture
One of Japan's most prominent museums, you will be taken back to the streets of the Edo period. Experience the Edo period that Hokusai did. You can even experience the life a merchant in the experience center!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :RYŌGOKU STATION, 1-chōme-3-20 Yokoami, Sumida City, Tokyo 130-0015, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc. - at least about JPY 2000)
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.