Private tour: Diamond Room in Hermitage Museum with Curator & All-Day Admission
Take a private tour of the Hermitage Diamond Room with a Hermitage Curator. The Diamond Room is the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's fine jewelry. It showcases masterpieces of Russian and European jewelry art from the Romanov and private family collections, as well as pieces of church art, diplomatic gifts made by the most prominent jewelers of the time and works by Fabergé. The Romanovs (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century, and these collections are really worth seeing. Afterwards continue exploring the other exhibitions in the museum independently, as your ticket includes all-day admission.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup (private car)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Emb., 30-38, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
The Diamond Room is the biggest collection of the Russian Emperor's finest jewelry. St. Petersburg used to be the capital of the Russian Empire and the Romanovs (the Russian Emperor's dynasty) were the richest family in the world at the beginning of the 20th century, and as a result this collection is really worth seeing.
Access to the Diamond Room is usually by pre-arranged appointment only, with no exceptions, plus the regular tour usually lasts for 30 minutes and you would have to be part of a large group, so this private, longer tour is not to be missed.
Your private tour of the Diamond Room will start with the private transfer and take place with a Hermitage Museum curator. All of the curators at the museum have a Ph.D. in art history and are real connoisseurs of art. They are also extremely enthusiastic about their collection. You will have 1 hour, 15 minutes to look at these unique jewelry masterpieces. The curator will share details with you that you won't find in the guidebooks.
After your extraordinary Diamond Room tour, you will have the opportunity to see the other exhibitions at one of the best museums in the world: The State Hermitage Museum. The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, is the biggest museum in the World (together with the Louvre in Paris, they are in competition for the World's "No 1" in terms of exhibition space, number of items and collections etc). The buildings that the Hermitage occupies are brilliant examples of European architecture. The walls of these buildings have also seen a great number of important historical events - from Peter the Great to Nicolay II. Every visitor can feel the force of Russian history here. Its collections, of which only a small part is on permanent display, comprise over three million items, including the largest collection of paintings in the world. The collections occupy a large complex of six historic buildings along Palace Embankment, including the Winter Palace, a former residence of Russian emperors.
Your tour includes an all-day entrance ticket, so you can stay at this marvelous museum as long as you wish afterwards (closing time is 6pm; and on Wednesdays it is 9pm).
There is a cafe inside the museum, where you can take a break for lunch if you wish (own expense).
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located St. Petersburg hotelDirections: Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel/hostelDates: Daily except MondaysReturn point: The Hermitage museum (Winter Palace)
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise during the booking if wheelchair assistance is needed
- This tour as a shore excursion: additional payment $100 for blanket visa and round trip private transfer cruise ship - tour attractions - cruise ship ($100 for all the travellers, not per person); Minimum 2 travellers required. Details needed for a blanket visa: passport name, number, date of birth and country for all the passengers. Please send them shortly after the booking; Booking should be made at least 7 days before the ship arrival date
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.