Private tour: David Gareja Complex and Sighnaghi from Tbilisi
This day trip combines visiting David Gareja Lavra Monastery and caves and an excursion in Sighnaghi, a small town in Kakheti surrounded by the remnants of 18th century fortifications. You’ll have pleasant walk in David Gareja semi-desert, explore the caves and monasteries where monks still live, and enjoy your picnic lunch in the nature while sightseeing in Sighnaghi.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Picnic lunch
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - David Gareja Monastery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Georgian Holidays, Tbilisi Georgia
In the morning, the guide and driver will pick you up from your place of stay in Tbilisi.
Stop At: David Gareja Monastery, Mount Gareja, Udabno Georgia
You’ll head to David Gareja complex via Sagarejo village. Turning from the Eastern main road we will drive on a dirt road to semi-desert. The complex was established in 6th century AD by one of the 13 Assyrian monks and expanded through the centuries. Here you’ll have a tour in the caves and monasteries and enjoy 2-3 hours easy hiking in the semi-desert.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Bodbe Monastery of St. Nino, Signagi Georgia
After have a picnic lunch near the site, head further east to the town of Sighnaghi. On your way, you’ll visit Bodbe monastery, located about 10.5 miles (2 km) from Sighnaghi. The monastery is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia, due to its association with St. Nino, the 4th century female evangelist in Georgia.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Signagi City Walls, Old Town, Signagi Georgia
In Sighnaghi, a small town surrounded by 18th century defensive wall and remnants of fortifications, take a relaxing walk in the town, explore the defensive wall and fortifications and enjoy the views of Alazani Valley.
In the evening drive back to your place of stay in Tbilisi.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your place of stay in Tbilisi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Trekking to certain parts of David Gareja is subject to favorable weather conditions. In case of rain or snow you'll skip sightseeing in Udabno caves for your own safety and will be offered an alternative excursion in Ninotsminda Monastery.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.