Private Tour: D-Day Beaches from Rouen
Visit coastal Normandy and explore Europe’s World War II history on this private 8-hour tour of the D-Day beaches from Rouen. Travel to the D-Day beaches of Normandy with a private guide, and learn of the efforts made by the German and Allied soldiers during battle. Discover key sites of interest including Arromanches, the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer, Longues-sur-Mer, the Pointe du Hoc, and Sainte-Mère-Église, and gain insight into the violent fighting between the opposing forces in WWII. This private 8-hour tour includes round-trip travel from Rouen.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Meet your private guide during a 9am pickup at your accommodation or the local train station in Rouen, then take a seat in your air-conditioned minivan and head onward to the beaches of Normandy — where so much of the violent fighting of WWII took place.
During your 8-hour tour, visit the port at Arromanches — constructed by British forces to help land the Allied troops in June 1944. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant (own expense) and admire panoramic views over the famous beaches.
Visit the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer with your private guide and learn of the many Allied soldiers who laid down their lives in battle. Next, head to Longues-sur-Mer to see the batteries the Germans used to protect the coast from the Allies.
Head onward to the Pointe du Hoc and listen as your private guide explains how the how the U.S soldiers climbed the cliffs to disarm the German defence. Time permitting, perhaps visit Sainte-Mère-Église — where the first Allied paratroopers of WWII landed — and learn of the fighting that took place here those years ago.
When your tour comes to an end, return in comfort to your hotel or the train station in Rouen at approximately 6pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
ROUEN or anywhere within 30 km or ROUEN.CRUISE SHIP Shore Excursions.RIVER CRUISES Shore Excursions.Airports
- Boos Airport, Rouen France
- Marina, Bureau du port, Boulevard Emile Duchemin, 76000 Rouen, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour Guide and Driver will wear a mask and/or a safety shield and virus safety shield is installed in the Van
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.