Private Tour: Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point from Cape Town
Join us on a Full Day Cape Peninsula Private Tour affording you the opportunity to see all the key sightseeing attractions that Cape Town has to offer. On this tour, guests will have the option to customize the tour to suit their requirements as they will have their own private tour guide in a private vehicle for themselves.
Highlights that can be experienced on this tour include the Bo-Kaap, the coastal Atlantic Seaboard passing through Bantry Bay, Clifton, Camps Bay, and Llandudno, Hout Bay (the Gateway to Seal Island), Chapman's Peak Drive, Cape Point Vineyard, Boulder's Penguins colony, Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point and Muizenberg.
This is truly one of the best ways to see some of the major highlights Cape Town has to offer in a customizable private tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Toll Fees at Chapmans Peak
- Private Tour Guide/Driver, Vehicle and Fuel
- Pick up and drop off at accommodation in Cape Town
- Bottled water onboard the vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to Boulders penguins colony @ R160.00 per adult; R80.00 per child under 14 years
- Entrance fees to Seal island boat trip @ R100.00 per adult; R50.00 per child
- Entrance fees to Cape of Good Hope main gate @ R320.00 per adult; R160.00 per child under 12 years
- Optional Funicular to Cape Point light house @ R75.00 per adult; R35.00 per child
- Meals, Drinks and Gratuities (optional)
- Wine tasting fees at Cape Point Vineyards: R60.00 per adult for 4 wines
- Entry/Admission - Duiker Island
- Entry/Admission - Chapman's Peak Drive
- Entry/Admission - Cape Point Vineyards Tasting Room
- Entry/Admission - Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- Entry/Admission - Cape of Good Hope
- Entry/Admission - Old Cape Point Lighthouse
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bo-kaap, Cape Town Central South Africa
Pick up will be at your accommodation in Cape Town at 9:00 am. However, we are flexible and should you have a preferred pick-up time either earlier or later, please communicate this with us upon making your booking.
After pick up at accommodation in Cape Town we will travel through the city and see historical monuments and buildings. From there we will stop in the Bo-Kaap (Cape Malay Quarter) for a photo opportunity with colorful houses, which carries great historical significance. You may even have a chance to greet some of the locals if they are in sight.
Situated at the foot of Signal Hill, on the fringe of the city center, the Bo-Kaap’s origins date back to the 1760s when numerous rental houses were built and leased to slaves. These people were known as Cape Malays, and were brought from Malaysia, Indonesia and the rest of Africa to work in the Cape.
The choice of color is said to be attributed to the fact that while on the lease, all the houses had to be white. When this rule was eventually lifted, and the slaves were allowed to buy the properties, all the houses were painted bright colors by their owners as an expression of their freedom.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Camps Bay, Camps Bay, Western Cape
We take a scenic drive along the Atlantic Seaboard with the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other, passing through Clifton, Camps Bay, Llandudno, and Hout Bay. We stop at Maiden's Cove for a photo opportunity with magnificent views of the Twelve Apostles as a backdrop.
This cove is one of the best places in Cape Town to take panoramic photos of the Ocean, Camps Bay Beach combined with the views of Table Mountain, Lion's Head and the beautiful suburbs of Clifton, Camps Bay, etc... We call this the Kodak moment.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Duiker Island, Hout Bay South Africa
Our journey continues along the picturesque coastline and stopping in Hout Bay Harbour. Here, guests have the option to either take a boat to Seal Island to view the Seals or visit the market for some shopping.
The seal Island in Hout Bay is a beautiful experience not to be missed when the ocean is calm. (We do not recommend this experience when the sea condition is unfavorable.) We will spend approximately an hour here to explore this activity and there is also a market where you could bargain for gifts and souvenirs. The best fish & chips in Cape Town can be purchased as a takeaway or sit down at Mariner's Wharf Restaurant at your own account. Kindly ask your tour guide for more details.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chapman's Peak Drive, Hout Bay Road Between Noordhoek and Hout Bay, 7872 South Africa
Departing from Hout Bay, we drive along Chapman's Peak and stop at the viewpoint for spectacular photos. It is little wonder that Chapman's Peak is one of the most scenic routes in the world.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Noordhoek Farm Village, Corner of Village Lane & Noordhoek Main Road Chapman's Peak Drive, Noordhoek 7979 South Africa
We continue our coastal journey and stop in Noordhoek, with the breathtaking views of Noordhoek and Long Beach beneath us. Travelers will have the option to enjoy some of the best coffee brewed in Cape Town at the Village Roast for their own account.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cape Point Vineyards Tasting Room, Silvermine Rd, Noordhoek 7979 South Africa
Guests may take up the option of a stop for wine tasting at the exquisite Cape Point Vineyards. Surrounded by beautiful vineyards and views of the ocean in the distance, Cool breezes from the sea make for a slow-growing season, with a late harvest that results in a truly unique Sauvignon Blanc that is recognized across the globe for its rich minerality, structure, and tone. A sit-down lunch in their restaurant or a picnic lunch overlooking the man-made dam comes highly recommended.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Boulders Beach Penguin Colony, Simon's Town 7995 South Africa
Our next stop will be the Penguins colony in Boulders beach, where your guide will escort you to the viewing point to see some of the 2500 breeding pairs of African Penguins at close range. You may even find one or two of these enchanting creatures walking alongside you on the boardwalk.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point Rd, Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Our tour culminates with the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point Lighthouse.
Here we will explore the Dias & Vasco Da Gama, Crosses. These two gentlemen were the first early Europeans who arrived in Cape Town around 1487 & 1495.
Should you wish to hike, please speak to your guide. Kindly put on comfortable walking shoes, bring sun block and a jersey or jacket, hat.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Old Cape Point Lighthouse, Cape Point Nature Reserve, Cape Point South Africa
From the Cape of Good Hope, we will have the option to either take a short hike to Cape Point or take the Funicular. Lunch can also be enjoyed at either Two Oceans restaurant for a sit-down meal or at the informal eatery for a take out.
Here we will also explore the most south-western point of Africa, known as the Cape Point, where the cold Benguela from the Atlantic Ocean, meets the warm Agulhas current of the Indian Ocean. We will explore the lighthouse, etc.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Muizenberg Beach, Beach Rd, Cape Town Central 7950 South Africa
Our return route is past Muizenberg where you will see the colored beach huts. The beach huts are used as changing rooms. These are reminiscent of the “bathing machine” of the 1800s, which was a cart-like structure that was wheeled down to the water’s edge, allowing the ladies to change into their bathing costumes.
Drop off will be back at guests' accommodation in Cape Town at approximately 18:00 pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will collect you from any given address in Cape TownAirports
- Cape Town Intl Airport, Cape Town Central South Africa
- Cape Town Cruise Ship Terminals
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Credits & Cheques cards are accepted at places of interests and South African Rand (ZAR)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.