Private Tour: Campania Food and Wine Day Trip from Positano with lunch
Savor the gourmet delights of Campania on this full-day private tour from Positano. While traveling through the beautiful countryside surrounding Avellino, visit family-owned orchards, factories, farms and wineries to see the production processes of olive oil, cured meat, chocolate, wine and other classic Italian specialties. Enjoy tastings after each visit, and take home any products that you especially enjoy. Have a 3-course lunch at a local restaurant and end the day tasting award-winning wines overlooking vineyards.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Food tastings
- Wine tastings
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Your full-day tour starts with a pickup from your Positano hotel in the morning. Aboard your private minivan, travel through the lowlands that run alongside Mt Vesuvius and ascend into the mountains of Partenio Regional Park. Then, descend into the valley of Avellino, the capital city of the Camapnia region, surrounded by beautiful peaks and vineyard-covered slopes that produce some of Italy's best-known wines.
Soon, arrive in the heart of the rural countryside, where foods are produced combining traditional and modern methods. Your first stop is at an olive orchard. Meet the producer and head to the oil mill for a tour of the production facilities. End in the tasting room to enjoy a selection of their fine olive oils. Next, walk to a nearby prosciutto factory to view the production process of cured meat — a long-time Italian favorite — and see a range of sights from raw pork legs to the curing rooms to the final product. Savor mouthwatering prosciutto slices after your tour.
Your next stop, a little further down the road, is at a traditional nougat and chocolate factory. Here, typical Italian candy is made for special festivities such as Easter. Follow your visit of the production rooms with a tasting of their sugary treats.
After teasing your palate, head to a local restaurant to sit down to a 3-course lunch of regional specialties, which vary depending on the season. Wash your meal down with house wine, followed by coffee or a digestif (amaro or grappa). Kids can enjoy soft drinks and juice with their lunch. In the afternoon, head to the village of Taurasi, home of one of Italy's most notable wines: the Taurasi DOCG. Visit a prestigious local venue for a wine-tasting session, during which a professional sommelier will explain winemaking in the Avellino province and explain the wine's complex flavors and aromas.
Walk to a unique atmospheric winery, built out of ancient materials, for your second wine tasting to savor award-winning wines in the tasting room. Step onto the terrace to enjoy views of the vineyards. Then, relax on the drive back to Positano, where your full-day tour ends in the evening.
Departure Point :Your centrally located Positano hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please make a note of any specific dietary requests in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.